non professional Q - need help with moisturisers and foundations

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

divalou

Reaction score
Helloo!
This is off the professional topic, but as your all beauty professionals you're probably the best people to ask.

I have loads of trouble with my moisturiser and foundation!

I need a moisturiser that has everything!
1. non greasy/oily or anti-acne
2. SPF
3. fights first signs of aging.
4. illuminating or tinted.

and also a foundation that has everything!
1. good coverage for freckles
2 non-greasy (i use dior atm and its too greasy)
3. illuminating
4. long lasting

can you recommend any products that cover most of those?

can anyone also recommend a good concealer that isnt greasy as I have to wear a lot of concealer under my eyes and as i have like a crease below my lash line, the grease gathers here and i get little flesh coloured lines - not a good look! I need good coverage though as i have dark circles.

I hope you have some suggestions!
Thanks
Lou

There are lots of products that will do part of what you are after and there will be lots of opinions on which is the best, but without you trying them on your skin or having a professional consultation where your skin can be directly analysed it is difficult to say which is the best for you.

Just one question though - have you ever tried mineral foundation?

we use Jane Irdale in my salon but the effect is quite matte. Im also concerned about how long it will last on my skin

If you use JI you will be aware of how long lasting the Liquid Minerals is i.e. all day. I use this on brides and they are always amazed that it lasts the distance.

JI pressed is matte however as you know the Loose is more dewy.

ive used the liquid foundation and found it too matte and also difficult to match to my skin - i have freckles! i also found it didnt "cling" to my nose where i have redness and so found it more difficult to cover.... :S

Oh well that's a new one on me. Everyone I have matched to Liquid has been amazed at how dewy their skin is.

I don't have a problem with coverage either I just keep adding minute amounts once the layers have set and I get perfect coverage.

It took me a few goes to get used to Liquid as it is so different to other formulations I have tried, but my experiences with dozens of clients and brides has been the exact opposite of what you are describing.

I wish you luck in your search.

I'd just get in touch with Jane Iredale for advice/training. Using their products will help boost retail sales & it seems to tick all the boxes you're after for other people.

As for a moisturiser, I don't think it would be necessary to have one that does so much if you master your JI products.

Last edited:
The best foundation I have ever used....Maybelline EverFresh....its....fragrance free...oil free...wont clog pores.... non comedogenic.....

I have to be careful with my skin or i get breaks outs and this stuff is brilliant.

i love max factors foundation with the primer "flawless perfection". it is a liquid
i have large pores broken veins and need medium to high coverage, but without the flat matt look...this has it all with a very subtle dewy finish...not a glow or shine...and it last as at 35 my face flushes get bad especially at college in the salon.
as for moisturisers...i have been a fan of liz earles skin repair moisturiser....try others but i keep going back...

Latest posts

Back