Non Yellowing topcoat?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bev Rose

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me which is the best everyday topcoat to buy that definately does not go yellow?

My client came back yesterday for her 2wk appointment and her nails were really yellow over the top of her nail art. I had used Millenium fast dry top coat. 'Guaranteed non- yellowing!'

I've used NSI's airshield which is good too.

I use Creatives Shiney and it never goes yellow...or another good one is inm's total eclipse...this makes french's look amazing. They just seem to come alive with this on. HTH xx

On Nail Art, I use a UV blocking airbrush top coat and then Super Shiney for extra staying power and shine.

I have also used Total Eclipse on top of Pink and Whites before I got used to buffing to a shine with my buffer - favourite at the moment is the Royal Shiner.

Thank you very much nailstyle & Fiona, i'll get them both on my list. So fed up with the yellow. I do use a 3way buffer to bring my acrylics up to a shine, but if i do nailart i do need a good topcoat to seal & protect so thanks alot.

XX

i use star nails uv acrylic sealer on the acrylics then do the nail art then use NSI airshield. Hoof Laquer is also a good top coat by Healthy Hoof, i think grafton supply it.

Thanks all of you for that.

I didn't know the difference re inhibitors either. Do know!

Cheers. X

I use NSI Airsheild but have noticed on a couple of customers that it has gone yellow. They do smoke, is this the reason they go yellow like a natural nail does or is it the sealant I am using?

Rachel

I have noticed that sometimes, when I've used airsheild some of my clients nails have a grey cast to them, i think the product darkens in the sun and you can see the darker areas at the edges, if you know what i mean!?! Anyone else noticed that either|?

Haven't noticed them yellowing too much with airshield only having a dark cast over them like a film.

i havent used airshield for years but do find thermoshield has the same problem if used over anything pale. supershineys great over polish, intense seals great over french l&p, doesnt yellow or grey, smokers do tend to have a couple of yellow nails tho but not every smoker. guess its the heavy ones?

Latest posts

Back