Not like those Non Standard Salons NSS......

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkshell_nails

Reaction score
I had a group of 7 ladies from london who came to the isle of wight booked in my salon today to have their nails done by myself and my other nail technician. They were not having artificial nails put on, just mini manicures with nail art, and perhaps the odd sculpted nail added if there own nails were uneven. The first lady i did was really nice and was chatting to me about having had her nails done in another salon on the mainland. Whilst i was carrying out the treatment she turned to her friend and said to her, " This is lovely, quite comfortable and it doesnt hurt you, not like those chinese salons" It made me smile, thank god she found the experience enjoyable and not like some form of chinese torture!
Its a shame as she had had her nails done at a NSS about 3 years ago, and had sworn she would never ever have them done again as it was so painful, hopefully she's changed her mind now she realises if she goes to a reputable salon she will get good quality service.

go girl.....restore the fail in PROPER TEKS !!

amb x

It may take a little time but i thnk a lot more people will transfer to the ''real'' technicians salons. Iv'e spoke to many ladies that have had their nails done by NSS and the stories they tell makes me wonder why they went a second time, perhaps they thought they had to endure SOME kind of pain to be able to have the pleasure of nail (transformation) albiet bad transformation at that. But they wouldn't realise a good until they tried the real GEEKS.
Sherry

Since Ive started my nail course, people who have their nails done always say it hurts, Im like "No, its not meant to!" Hopefully they will come to me when Im ready!

Awww that was such a lovely compliment for you. I think people are slowly realising the difference between an NSS and your kind of salon!

Well by what I have seen of your salon Mich I am sure they had a wonderful time can not wait till the day I can come and treat myself :D

I do hope all is well.

Caz xxx

Sorry to be dim, btu whats NSS?

Oh Thank you caz.

Whenever you get down to the isle of wight, just give me a ring and we'll book you in!
Hope you and your family are all well.

Michelle xx

I guess that is why it is so important for us to coverse with our clients and educate them to correct procedures. It is worth remembering that IF a woman wants her nails doing no-matter-what - she will get them done no-matter-where... just polite, intelligent conversation can help your customers understand so much more about what it is we do.

You don't have to put done the opposition or discuss NSS or Chinese or whatever... just discuss the positive effects of having a truly professional treatment. :idea:

Don't forget that there are also trained drill users who do know how to use drills in the correct manner... rather than saying 'drills are bad, drills are evil' you can say they exist and some a very adept and skilled in the use of them whilst others are't - you choose not to use them because xyz....

always make the situation into a positive without condemning others - you will gain much respect from your peers and your clients for doing so!:wink2:

It is amazing what people will put up with when having their nails done. If i had a bad experience then i certainly wouldn't go back there to go through it again!

I also think when you have a nice conversation with them, they appreciatte you more and feel they are getting a better service rather than feeling like they are on a conveyor belt.

I'm new to this so here goes. In my town there is a Nail salon( torcher chamber) run by filipino ladies. I have had a couple of ladies who have come to me after going there, when I have finished a full set of L&P they have said " oh you haven't made me bleed ":Scared: to which I say I should hope not' its not meant to be torcher!
One lady that came to me last year asked why I didn't file back her cuticles, with an electric file :evil: because they did at that salon she said, I quote " it hurt and they bled but they looked lovely after a few days! I can't believe that this goes on and people think that this is how it SHOULD be. Any client I had when I got to the shaping of the L&P she physically slump down in her chair and I ask, whats wrong am I hurting she said no but this is from going to a place like THAT!!!! They should not be allowed.:mad:

We've all heard the stories.
We've seen the damage......
We KNOW what's wrong with these NSS/Chopshops......
We want them GONE!!!

But............... we 'could' take one positive from it.:idea:
Many women do go there because they are 'cheap' who normally would not have had their nails done and would have continued with 'natural' nails because they felt that they couldn't afford to otherwise.
Then these women get 'tortured' BUT decide that they like enhancements and dont want to give them up at ANY price, and then come looking for technicians like ourselves...

At least there's that, right? They DO end up sending clients our way. I can't imagine these chopshops keeping any clients for an extended period of time..... not with the damage that the are doing.

Sour milk's always good for something, even if you dont want to drink it.;)

a couple of the girls i've done nails for went off to uni and had their nails done at a chop shop near their unis cos it was cheap they still come to me in the holidays and one girl i couldn't buff the the line where the l&p had grown up cos when i started to she was in a lot of pain when i looked closer they had buffed completely through her natural nail i could see where it had bled!! on about 6 of her nails!! the other girl had hers soaked off for a new set cos the ones they'd done for her were shaped like **** shovels!! really really wide at the ends, when i stated prepping for the new set she had a bright red line the same shape as her cuticles 1/4 of the way up her nails where they had once again got a bit over excited with the drill, these places should be shut down!!!! and nails should be lef to those of us who haven't trained as a butcher first!!!

Latest posts

Back