Not sure about shared phone

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carron

Reaction score
Hi

I'm starting up in a couple of weeks in the back room of the local hairdressers.

The hairdressers and my area is in the bottom floor of my mums friends house so the rent is paid to her but the hairdresser was saying the only thing she has is the phone and we can go halfers on that.

I thought yes at first and agreed but now Im thinking about it. I'm only going to be working one day a week at first, i'm pregnant so will only be working for another 4-6 months.

Also, I'd rather speak to the people myself and make my appointments till i'm well up and running. and its not fair on the hairdresser if she starts getting loads of calls for me and im only their once or twice a week. If i was their and the phone was ringing the chances are i'd probably not answer it if i was doing a treatment

I was planning on using my home number and email address (we don't get a good mobile signal where I stay but can receive text if i decide on a mobile number). I live on a small island so I'm always around to take calls at home and everyone knows everyone so the chances are I'll bump into them through the day

Do you think it'll be worth having a phone at the moment since I'll be more at home or stick to the house phone?

Is there broadband? If so, would you consider a Voice over IP (VOIP) line, distinct from the hairdressers number?

nah, just a normal landline number and i dont think it has any voicemail

Latest posts

Back