nss

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IllumeGirl

Reaction score
i had another new client who came from nss last saturday- her l&p was yellow thick and lifted, sculpted into a awful spatula shape with the usual french airbrush, no finishing at all and rings of fire- all done in 45 mins.YUK! why dont they use p/w l&p? maybe its not available in the brand they use? hav had another client come from ther who had 3 refill appointments, each time they just filed only zone 3 leaving everything else just airbrushing over the old lot and more topcoat.this was very evident from the 3 different layers of airbrush i removed.
icon_eek.gif

The thing is Melody Jayne, these NSS do not use a BRAND, they use a basic dental acrylic monomer which is very hard, yellows, is difficult to remove etc. They use drills because it is very hard work to hand file this product (its like cement) and unless they 'rough up' the natural nail surface with a drill or rough hand file, the product wouldn't stick to the nail plate. It's like going back 20 years before new products were developed specifically for nail enhancements!!

You ask why??? NSS use this product for the main reason it is dirt cheap ... but they are taking a very short term view of their business. They will attract customers who want cheap services but as these customers get clued up to what they are doing to their nails, they will leave and find better care in other technician's hands. These dental product do not come in nice colours because they are not made for nails at all.

is using mma illegal here i wonder and england. im sure its illegal in america going by the rap it gets in nailpro.
icon_confused.gif

It is not illegal to use MMA inthe UK and I believe it is the same in Australia.

It's use for nails has been banned in the USA but I don't think much checking is done as many still do use it in their business. This may not apply to all States either.

Hi,
can you tell us geeg, why it is NOT illegal .... I read samuels article on mma and from reading this it sounds like it is. If so how do they get hold of the stuff? People say to me, when I explain mma.... if it was that bad then it would not be able to be used!!!!
Just on another quick note.... when my clients have their mma nails removed - what is the advice for the future? Keep them off for a few months, regular manicures with hardeners etc? One of my clients really wants me to reapply very soon. She has only had the mma ones off for a week! they are paper thin and she hates them (wants long french nails again! - but this time nice ones). lol.
Thanx.
Kirsten x:)

extensionten said:
Hi,
1. can you tell us geeg, why it is NOT illegal .... I read samuels article on mma and from reading this it sounds like it is. If so how do they get hold of the stuff? People say to me, when I explain mma.... if it was that bad then it would not be able to be used!!!!

2. Just on another quick note.... when my clients have their mma nails removed - what is the advice for the future? Keep them off for a few months, regular manicures with hardeners etc? One of my clients really wants me to reapply very soon. She has only had the mma ones off for a week! they are paper thin and she hates them (wants long french nails again! - but this time nice ones). lol.
Thanx.
Kirsten x:)

1. It is definitely not illegal (ie against the law) to use MMA for nails in the UK. Wish it were, but that is how it is until someone or some organization changes the law ... a long process. It is not that difficult to get hold of .. there are distributors who sell it!

2. What I would do if the client were mine is apply a wrap enhancement and maintain until the natural nail grows through. I would keep medium to short in length .. anything to ensure that the client does no more damage than necessary while the nails are growing out. Then if after that time she wants to change to a L&P product again, her nails will be strong enough to support it.
Wraps are strong but nice and light. Your client will love them.

geeg said:
1. It is definitely not illegal (ie against the law) to use MMA for nails in the UK. Wish it were, but that is how it is until someone or some organization changes the law ... a long process. It is not that difficult to get hold of .. there are distributors who sell it!

2. What I would do if the client were mine is apply a wrap enhancement and maintain until the natural nail grows through. I would keep medium to short in length .. anything to ensure that the client does no more damage than necessary while the nails are growing out. Then if after that time she wants to change to a L&P product again, her nails will be strong enough to support it.
Wraps are strong but nice and light. Your client will love them.
by a wrap you are refering to silk or fibreglass on her natural nail plate - is that correct? :wink2: so do you think she would benefit by keeping the wraps on until the nail has grown completely down the nail bed and the emerging stronger nails are fully grown.
thanx for your help x

That is absolutely what I am saying!! :biggrin:

:) thank you... i will be seeing her later, and book up an appointment for this week... poor her... she just wants long french nails. It will be few months then before she will get her long nails! I will keep them short and neat - at least she will not be going back to the nss shop she had gone to for so long.
:wink2:
thanx Kirsten x

Latest posts

Back