NVQ - Creative advised me to take after foundation

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mitsy

Reaction score
Hi

I've spoken to Creative about getting an NVQ apparently you can be assessed at Milton Keynes, but because i will be doing the foundation course they said i'd be better to practice for about 6 months on the foundation work after the course and then register for an NQV because you get 1 year in which to complete the NQV and it may be too much learning the foundation and having my work assessed while i'm there.

Can any one give any advice? :confused::confused:

Thanks x

Mitsy said:
Hi

I've spoken to Creative about getting an NVQ apparently you can be assessed at Milton Keynes, but because i will be doing the foundation course they said i'd be better to practice for about 6 months on the foundation work after the course and then register for an NQV because you get 1 year in which to complete the NQV and it may be too much learning the foundation and having my work assessed while i'm there.

Can any one give any advice? :confused::confused:

Thanks x

I think the advise is sound and makes sense to me.......
Do the foundation, practice hard for 6 months, get you application off to a T and then register for you NVQ.......you then will have to complete you portfolio work and have also your practical assesments for the NVQ...... Doing it all at once would be a lot to do.......
I would do it slowly.....take you time and enjoy every moment of your learning ......

JMHO

Nailsinlondon1 said:
I think the advise is sound and makes sense to me.......
Do the foundation, practice hard for 6 months, get you application off to a T and then register for you NVQ.......you then will have to complete you portfolio work and have also your practical assesments for the NVQ...... Doing it all at once would be a lot to do.......
I would do it slowly.....take you time and enjoy every moment of your learning ......

JMHO

Thanks i think thats what i'll do

Try and take before and after pictures of all your practicing, this is for two reasons.

First - you can see yourself how much better you are getting.
Second - they are ideal for adding to your portfolio when you do start your NVQ.

Take care xx

smiler13334 said:
Try and take before and after pictures of all your practicing, this is for two reasons.

First - you can see yourself how much better you are getting.
Second - they are ideal for adding to your portfolio when you do start your NVQ.

Take care xx
Thanks i'll do that, i can only improve on how i am now :)

The advice you were given is spot on. I did my NVQ and my Creative Masters simultaneously and nearly went demented. I am an impatient person and was impatient to be the best. Take your time, practice, practice and practice and you'll get there. Good luck!

Back