NVQ level 3 beauty - hands on tanning!!!?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebelrebel

Reaction score
I have just applied for level 3beauty therapy, and as you will know it includes tanning.

The tutor said at my interview that the tanning part will be hands on tanning as the college don't have a spray tanning area! the solutions used are St. Tropez.

I was thinking when I got home that hands on actually means rubbing it in with your hands doesn't it? I am not sure I would be comfortable doing this, I would but what about on ladies, on the bust area!!? I'm sure I wouldn't be comfortable having this done! would you?

I have just done my tantrick spray tan training so am comfortable using the gun, but for my level 3 it states 'hands on!' does anyone else use this method? if so what do you think of it?

Last edited:
I don't find I have a problem with hands on treatments...perhaps it come with age or experience, but at the end of the day, we all have the same bits, and as a professional therapist, you can't shy away from doing these sorts of things. Besides, if we were in France, you would be massaging the bust area in every facial.
The more you do the less intimidating you will find it, and if a client doesn't want this area done, she will tell you so.

Thanks fpor the reply, Yes I guess after I have done a few I wont know what I was worrying about:) and I imagine the results will be fantastic, as you will know every area will be covered:)

Exactly!!
I remember my first bikini wax at college, I really didn't want to do it, but you just have to get on with it...and now when I think of the things I do, I laugh at my younger self for being so silly!! If you act confident, your client will never know any different, and your tutor will tell you the best way to work on these areas to minimise client embarassment anyway.
So don't worry! :)

i no how u feel i done a 1 day traing course as part of my level 2 training wen i was in college i was 16 and very giggly. i was so :o but you just get used to it.

I've just finished my training with a well known tanning company today, and there was no embarrassment at tanning the bust. We were all grown up and professional about it, and that's how you have to be with your clients.

Latest posts

Back