nvq2 practical exam

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laurakate

Reaction score
Heya

I'm aiming to be ready for my nvq2 practical exam in the next 2 months or so.

I'm doing a distance learning course whereby I attended the Calton Institute and have passed the intial training days and now my task is to practice on 12 clients for each treatment whilst doing all the write up type stuff.

Once I've completed (and hopefully passed) the above, I will go back to TCI to do the practical exam and I've just got some questions.

*I'm a bit worried that because I'm now practicing things without the supervision of my tutor, I might pick up bad habits. For example, I know I CAN do the work well enough on my clients now at home but how strict is the assessment, like is there just one special way to pull a wax strip off or if i do it with the wrong hand at the wrong angle (unbeknown to me) even if the hair is removed and the clients not in pain, will I fail. (that's one wacky example of many that i can think of but all the same, you get the idea, like what if I do a good massage but it's not the EXACT sequence of moves from class...bearing in mind that I'm working from my memory of the one session I had in class and my notes, so as you can guess I could easily develop or forget particular habits learnt in class but nevertheless, I should still be passable as long as I do what I do well, right? right?)

So yeah, my key worries are listed above and i'd find it really helpful to hear about your own experiences ing doing you nvq2 practical assessment (the exam board is vctc if that bares relevance)

I hope yas can offer any advice/experience etc and sorry to sound all nervous and rambly, heck this just means a lot to me!

Thanks,

Laura :)xx

Latest posts

Back