NXT Colour

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have to admit that I'm not a big fan of saving money on hair colour supplies if it means losing the support of a large well known brand and the research/innovation they are able to offer.

NXT colours (in my experience) are a bit rubbish and don't really perform. Try their Hi-Lift against a Wella 12.0 or a L'Oreal 900S and you'll see that you'll be doing the work twice.

Worked out on a cost per application, shifting to an unknown brand (i.e. a private label colour) that you struggle to achieve good results with might save you say £1.30, but I'd rather charge £1.30 more to the client and have her rave about the results and bring me more customers.

We use NXT bleach and have found it very good value (£9.95 for 1KG) so that's generally in stock for any heavy stripping services or simple bleached hi-lights before toning, but the finished result is always achieved with Majirel and the homecare is always either Aveda or Serie Expert. Hair colour and technical services makes up almost 50% of our business revenue because of this. We don't have "hair colour experts" on our door, our clients just seem to let people know that we are.

Good luck though.

Latest posts

Back