odorless acrylics?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cglister

Reaction score
:confused: are there any odorless lines available? I am currently using star odorless uv cured liquid. are there others?

Yes. I have used OPI odorless acrylic called Clarite'. Cant compare it to anything else as it is the only thing i have used. We have to use it here in the states for our practical portion of our exam. Is very very slow to cure as it cures from the inside out and it is very tacky and gooey to file. Not at all one of my favs.

i heard that nsi do a non/low odour acrylic

louwesley said:
i heard that nsi do a non/low odour acrylic

Yep they do- it's what i use... it's called ...SPA

hth's
xxx

I have seen the Spa advertised on the NSI site. I use NSI products but haven't been game to try Spa yet, and was wondering how you find the Spa liquid? Would you recommend I try it?

Thinkpink said:
I have seen the Spa advertised on the NSI site. I use NSI products but haven't been game to try Spa yet, and was wondering how you find the Spa liquid? Would you recommend I try it?

Definately- I think it's fab. :D

xx

thanks will give it a go. Nearly out of my regular liquid. does it have a sticky top layer like some of the others low odour liquids? Sorry to ask so many questions.

i read an article in Nails mag that said all odorless systems, after setting up, will have a tacky layer that has to be buffed off. but, all you should have to do is buff, if it's tacky any deeper into the acrylic, it wasn't applied correctly or needed more time to set up.

i'll find the exact month and page if you want a reference:wink2:

thanks, will give it a go any way. will buy the smallest bottle possible to start with.

i have used star nails low order and it just smells like any other acrylic

Watch this space as I sell a neutraliser that you drop into your liquid and it completely gets rid of the smell!

If your happy with the system you use, don't waste your time and money on trying others and faffing about.

If you are interested, please contact me personally and I will gladly give you more info. I have one left, but have another order arriving shortly so you can have my last one or place a hold on one arriving very soon.

I hope this solves all your problems

P.S. It does not effect the outcome of your nails either or destroy any of your products.

Hey there,

Anything you add to monomer to change its set time, colour or odour will affect its performance long term.

My advice is: If you want totally odourless monomer, use one made that way - or use Gel or a Wrap system ;)

HTH's

cglister said:
:confused: are there any odorless lines available? I am currently using star odorless uv cured liquid. are there others?
Pronails sell one which becomes gel like after you dip your brush into the l&p.

Thinkpink said:
thanks, will give it a go any way. will buy the smallest bottle possible to start with.

they do a trial kit. go to www.nsinails.co.uk you can order them from there.

I trained with OPI Clarite, but to be honest i havent used it since i trained as i couldnt get on with the way it went "rubbery"!! But it is odourless.

Latest posts

Back