Office Geeks - what plans?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ADiva1

Reaction score
To all of you who are working in the office at the mo, do you have any plans in leaving your job to become a full-time beauty therapist, nail tech in the future? Have you given yourself a time-spand in which to do this etc?

Just being nosey as I am in the office at the mo but I am slowly walking out of the doors!

Hi Andrea,

I have started part-time in a salon and as soon as I feel I've settled in and that I'll be happy there and they are happy with me, I will pack in the office job gladly. Hopefully I will be a full-time nail technician soooooooon. Wish me luck!

Hi

I work as a part-time (3 days a week) medical secretary for 3 GP's. I dont have any plans to leave. I really enjoy my job. I also enjoy doing nails as well.

I have a spinal injury and I cant be sure what the future holds for me in regards to my job at the doctors. I am facing a major bowel surgery next year due to my spinal injury.

I have always been interested in nails and nail related things so I decided to get myself some qualifications and to cover myself in case I had to retire early from my job. I didnt want to end up sitting at home with no way of being able to work. So I thought why not combine what I enjoy (nails) and the fact I could earn an income from it aswell. It took me 3 years to be able to get on the course at our local college due to it being so popular but it was worth the wait as I have just recently qualified. I am now trying to get a client base built up for my mobile business that I am setting up. So I am fortunate in that I am not dependant on the income that I get from my nail business but that doesnt mean I dont take it very seriously and that I dont want it to succeed and that I dont take great pride in what I do.

I have a terrible habit of the first thing I do is I look at peoples nails before I look at their faces now! LOL and ive noticed that some of the nails that people are having done are a terrible mess and there are paying top prices for rubbish nail enchancements that are lifting after only 2-3 days! needless to say they get a business card off me! lol

Take care

Love

Debbie xxx

Hi hun!

I am my dad's pa and office secretary alongside my mum!

We look after the whole office for eleven men! Ahhhhhh! LOL

Although I enjoy my job and love working with the people I do I am definately going to go off and work mobile (part time first and then full time). I feel guilty as my mum wanted me to take over as company secretary when she retires but she understands I want to do my own thing!

Hopefully when I have enough clients I will move into our two storey garage and then hopefully in years to come I might be able to open my own salon!

I can't wait to get out there!

I want to be in education and i have a time scale of 5 years, thsi should give me the experience i need and the knowledge to be able to educate other nail technicians to a high standard.

Latest posts

Back