oh no - I dont want a manicure I have no nails!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fab Freak

Reaction score
Okay please can someone tell me why woman or men think this way

On a regular basis I here the above statement and it really frustrates me down the understand its the maniucres that will help nail growth and get those pinkies looking fabulous.

Sometimes I thinks its a convenient excuse to use rather than sorry i can't afford or don't have the time etc which ever the reason might be for not treating oneself to a manicure but this constant reasoning of "I have no nails so why bother" well it just drives me crackers...... :irked:

I am sure I am not the only manicurist on this site that hears this and is frustrated. I personally really would like to be able to convert more clients that beleive its nort worth investing in nails they dont yet have....

or maybe I am just a crap sales woman :sad:

If i had a pound for everytime i try to explain to my mum that manicures help promote nail growth i would be a billionaire then i have the likes of my Dad who's like can i av a mani bab! every single F**king day and he drives me up the wall with it.

I even overheard him saying to a bloke in the pub last week "you should have a manicure on them they will look lovley in a couple of months"

I'm seriously worried! lol

I get the same Louise, when people ask what I do they then visibly squirm and hide their hands LOL.

Many people think that a manicure is basically painting long talons with red varnish and that is about it.

When trying to sell your natural nail care try using words and phrases like nail therapy, nail care or therapeutic manicure rather than manicure.

I initially wanted to have a business of only natural nail care but very quickly found that it is still seen by most as a luxury treatment to be a once in a blue moon treat.

If you find the magic way to get more manicure clients then please share.

I have found when it comes to manicures men have more than women! They love it!

It's funny what you say about men having more than women... Alex has always been pretty 'anti' anything to do with his hands, he didn't want them made 'all soft and weak' (his words) as he works outdoors and to him the hard skin is a barrier to all the hawthorn and everything that would otherwise cut his hands to shreds.
Anyway, he relented the other week and let me do a manicure on him - and he loved it!!! He said 'I've got a pint on one hand and my other hand's being massaged - doesn't get any better than this!'.
He's since been off work for the last week with a virus and he's actually been really pleased because his hands still look nice!

Wow - i'd love some male clients other than freebees for my chap....

I donated a manicure to my local pub last night for their fund raising event for the Tsunami Appeal - and I young man won it but he wouldn't entertain the idea :sad: - they like that in Batley :lol: .....so he gave it to his mum, bless...maybe I can convert her to the powers of the manicure :!:

Well my hubby loves Pedicures and so does my friends hubby they come round the other night and had a little production line going.... If only I charged them.. lol

I hear the same thing all the time too! People say, oh I'd love a manicure but my nails are awful ... and I do try and say, but that's the whole point, to help improve your nails - and if you want to start improving them then there's no time like the present:wink2:

Yes, i hear lots of people saying that too! It's the whole point really, isn't it :wink2:

Alway hear it!

When I trained back in 2002 it was a ongoing argument with friends that regular manicures help and improve nail growth and appearance.

After weeks I had enough :evil:
I went to two of the lads (our groom's men), both nail bitters (they eat the fingers as well) - but a bet on with them that if they stop bitting their nails they get 100 euro :p .
BUT one of them had to let me do a manicure every week to stop the on going argument. This was to last for seven weeks in total, got through four and thing went mad (long story) :sad: .
What I'm trying to say is the lads kept their end of the deal (and are back bitting again :sad: ) and you could see the difference made in the few weeks, mainly the one having the manicures.

Sorry didn't mean to go on :eek: .
One day we'll get there in the end. :)

bimbogeri said:
It's funny what you say about men having more than women... Alex has always been pretty 'anti' anything to do with his hands, he didn't want them made 'all soft and weak' (his words) as he works outdoors and to him the hard skin is a barrier to all the hawthorn and everything that would otherwise cut his hands to shreds.
Anyway, he relented the other week and let me do a manicure on him - and he loved it!!! He said 'I've got a pint on one hand and my other hand's being massaged - doesn't get any better than this!'.
He's since been off work for the last week with a virus and he's actually been really pleased because his hands still look nice!

Funny you should say that Bimbogeri, I gave my huuby a man and ped the other night whilst he sat and watched TV with a pint of Guinness in his free hand......he wasn't keen to begin with either but I think he's a convert now!;)
K x

Latest posts

Back