Oh No I feel awful!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luci106

Reaction score
I have been in this business 8 years now and i cant believe i messed up with a new client she wanted an eyebrow wax never had one before and was really nervous so i was doing my usual and trying to put her at ease and the first one was fine looked great then the second one was hurting her a lot more so i did it and it looked ok, but then i noticed that it wasn't quite even but she had erythema and was really pink so i didnt like to say anything, anyway i contacted her and asked how she was and she said that there was more one side than the other so i said i would even them up she was absolutly fine about it and im doing it tomorrow she told me not to worry but i feel soooo bad and so stupid how could i have done it im experienced and am always doing brow shapes i just dont get it i feel like a failure now :cry:

dont worry bout it. i started to read this thread and thought you'd maybe took her eyebrow off or something!! sure you did the right thing - you couldve irritated the skin if you'd kept going. dont let her know you were worried btw just say you didnt want to aggrevate the erythema. noones perfect!

It happens to us all hun, don't worry about it :hug:
Your client is ok with things and is happy for you to rectify this.
Chin up :)

Thanks all i feel a bit better now i have been working so hard to get my own business up and running working from 7am-11pm its just such a stupid thing to do and im really angry and upset with myself and i guess your right i could have taken her eyebrow off ahhhh how bad would that be? im always really careful about that lol xxxx thanks again xx

Do you not tweeze as well as wax?

I always wax the majority off first, then even up with tweezers.

Kate

dont beat yourself up hun, we all have to come across hurdles at some point but thats just how you get good experienced therapists. maybe next time if your worried about carrying on because the client is red, just take to the tweezers instead, thats what i do x

Sometimes we get tired and make mistakes

You are only human!

I did a bikini wax recently and the wax despite me pressing down as you should, seem to get stuck on teh client. I was at a loss as to why it happened but felt bad for a week.

Don't beat yourself up about it hun.

xxx

Hi Hun, just read you are working from 7am-11pm, I hope that's not everyday?

When I worked long hours I found my concentration levels dropped and then mistakes would happen. I would cut down somewhat on the working hours, after all you need a break and it will do you good. xxx

Yep everyday although thats not all clients is promo and advertising but sometime i feel :eek: i do tweeze as well as wax but she was just going red no matter what i did anyway im off to fix it today at least i didnt take too much off you cant stick them back in lol!!!
Thank you all for your kind words really needed it after yesterday :cry: feeling positive now and my client is really nice even booked her chap in for a back wax!!!! thanks again xxx :lol:

You may have initially felt you failed (You didn't, I've done a few silly things in my time too!!), but you had the courage to call her to see how things were. That took guts!!! She could have yelled down the phone at you (I tend to think things like that are going to happen to me...but they never do!)...but instead you offered her the opportunity to put it right. That shows brilliant customer service, so well done :)

I think that courteous phone call will stick in her mind more than the not-quite-right eyebrows, and you will have earned yourself a regular :)

Keep it up :)
XXX

yeah defo agree with bombalurina, the curteous phone call will stick in her mind rather than the uneven brow. We all falter at some things and always will do no matter how long we've been in the industry. i would just play it along the lines of you were worried about the redness so did not want to keep going on the brows.
x

Latest posts

Back