Ombre hair NOT gone well - help please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kellmo

Reaction score
Hi,
thank you for looking at this thread.

To cut a very long story short I decided to have an 'ombre' ... ala Alexa Chung, Drew Barrymore etc....

I asked my hairdresser if this was ok and made sure that she was confident in this technique, she said yes, my hair states otherwise. :sad::|

She has basically given me highlights (lovely colours -caramel, honey and a few lighter ones) but they are under my top layer ... they start at my root and I wanted them to start at about my eye level and gradually get lighter and very light towards the ends.

I am now wondering what to do next. My friend has suggested using a toner on the top part of my hair (where I DON'T want the blonde) and that this would be a solution, others have suggested using a brown permanent colour over the top part of my hair and leave the blonde highlights poking through.

Can anybody please help/suggest/advise me on what to do next. I am desperate for 'ombre'd' hair and I really don't like the all ove highlighted hair look on me...

Thank you

kellmo.
x

hey this is not how to do the ombre effect!!!!!!!!! go back and ask her to rectify it for you! or atleast let her know u are not happy and then ahve it corrected at a reputable salon!!! p.s no permanant colour!!!!!!!

I know, I am really disappointed. The thing is she is a mobile hairdresser and I wouldn't feel comfortable with her in my home whilst she was correcting my hair. I'd rather just draw a line under it and find someone else. (I'm not confrontational, I'd get all teary).... She is very good at cuts but she is out of practice being purely mobile - no new technique training I suppose...

No permanent? Why not?!

Thanks for your reply x

Being mobile she should still look into training in this profession there is always something to learn I understand you not wanting to be confrontational but you must let her know it is wrong other girls may also be let down she could use your unhappiness as a learning curve sort it and make her name a reputable one smiles all round I hope you get your ombré hair as you like it xx

as your hair is lightened a permanant wont last! you need a semi or quassi to deposite depth and tone! hth x
I know, I am really disappointed. The thing is she is a mobile hairdresser and I wouldn't feel comfortable with her in my home whilst she was correcting my hair. I'd rather just draw a line under it and find someone else. (I'm not confrontational, I'd get all teary).... She is very good at cuts but she is out of practice being purely mobile - no new technique training I suppose...

No permanent? Why not?!

Thanks for your reply x

Im really interested in learning this technique anybody know where my best bet would be to go?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

Hi, thanks for your replies. I am going to see another hairdresser tomorrow to see what she suggests, I will be listening for the buzz words 'semi' and 'quassi'..... thank you x

Im really interested in learning this technique anybody know where my best bet would be to go?

hello I do this A LOT!!! haha
look at the hair and where you want to place the colour then
as you would do a full head highlights start at the bottom at the
back.
weave the hair then backcomb loads, haha, apply bleach and 3% to the backcombed bit thats left or if they have no colour in their hair you can use highlift blonde.so then the foil is only about 3 inches from the end.it doesnt look all neat but dont worry.
when you get to the sides do it diagonal rather than horizontal coz it looks more natural.
when you get to the top only do about 5 or 6 normal fine weave foils along parting.not enough to take away from the fact there is a root!!
Then at the front do a very fine slice.thhis looks amazing when done,like elle machpherson.
then this is the fiddly bit
put quasi,I use Wella,so If they want caramel I use 6/73,7/73 or 8/73
These shades have just enough warmth without being in your face, on the rest of the hair.if its long you use alot at least 1 to 2 tubes depending how thick and long the hair is.
after 20 mins wash off and then its the tricky bit of combing the backcombed bits but it does work and its not that bad.
sooooo
expect it to take about 1hr 15 to apply
I charge £145 for this service
it lasts for ages
hope I made sense
sharon:lol:

Perfect sense!! ...apart from the back comb part...i apply the bleach to the hair on the ends of the back combed hair? So like the remaining hair that hasnt been back combed? And the quasi to the top of the back combed nearest the scalp? :) Went on youtube to look at tutorials ...their either rubbish or diy! The diy tutorials reaaalllyyy bug me!!! Would be good if we could upload vids on here...for pro's only of course x

hey the blonde goes on the non back combed hair! you tube have some good tutorials! x
Perfect sense!! ...apart from the back comb part...i apply the bleach to the hair on the ends of the back combed hair? So like the remaining hair that hasnt been back combed? And the quasi to the top of the back combed nearest the scalp? :) Went on youtube to look at tutorials ...their either rubbish or diy! The diy tutorials reaaalllyyy bug me!!! Would be good if we could upload vids on here...for pro's only of course x

Hey sorry to drag this up again but I'm about to do this but wondered what everyone's thoughts were on a base 5 at the top and 7 on the bottom would it be noticeable but not in your face and also what tones would be nice I thought maybe 5/73 on top and 7/7 on ends??? :)

I'd say the contrast between a 5 and 7 wouldnt be enough, should go for an 8 i would reckon.

Okay dokey will give it a whirl :)

Latest posts

Back