One ball method?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LovelyisLacey

Reaction score
I read about it in Nails magazine. I was tought the 3 ball method. Does anyone use the one ball methond?

:)
As I gained my confidence with my chosen professional product[L&P].
Brisa Gel Skills recently aqquired.
I found that it varied client to client.
You obviously work with a bigger bead to cover a larger area.
But you still need to keep the mix ratio consistent.
ie 1 part liiquid to 1 part powder etc as YOUR system suggets.
I try most NEW techniques either on Myself or Tips first.
Then if its succsessful I'll introduce it to my Clients........
I find that the GREAT thing about NAIL's is
That once you have mastered the Basic Skills,
You can then adapt your technique to suit your client's choice of service.
U are then only limited by your Imagination.
Play, Play, Play n Play some more.
& most of all enjoy
hTh Kind Regards
xxjnailxxOZxx

LovelyisLacey said:
I read about it in Nails magazine. I was tought the 3 ball method. Does anyone use the one ball methond?

This is a technique taught by some nail systems, generally used for single colour overlays to keep consistancy of overlay look and colour..

Depending on which product you use. Always stick to recommendations of your supplier. Ie Creative = 3 zone application.

:D
Great Advice Envy.......:biggrin:
But I wouldn't feel tooooo bad if I coated a smaller sized nail[as we get those] in one application.
Have been CND trained & used said product since 1992.
I find.
IMO as long as you stick to the recommended mix ratio you're fine.
Regardless of the size of the bead & of course your abbility to create the Apex , clarity & durability.
A decent Nail basically.
hTh....
Kind regards
xxjnailxxOZxx

I use as many as it takes. Occasionally thats 1 bead - more often 3 beads - sometimes 5 beads.

Depends on the size and design of the nail. I use as many beads as needed to get a smooth shape that requires minimum buffing while ensureing the right mix ratio. To try and force 1 bead (or 3) on every single nail is bound to give you problems down the road. Its like saying to a hairdresser that they should cut your hair in 1 snip. It can be done - but you'll get some freaky results!

Could you image what type of Forever French look youll get with 1 bead ;)

Teaching the 3 bead method to students is a wonderful way to get them to product nails with both balance and beauty. However, as time marches on and skills improve, there is nothing wrong with adapting your methods to suit you, and your time, etc as long as you do not sacrifice the quality of your work.

I work 90% of the time using 2 beads. One for the whites and one for the pink body of the nail (exception usually the thumbs). I'm a big girl now and I know how to build in the stress area and apex using this method and it is quick and easy for me.

Techniques for teaching areone thing, and adapting your skills is another. Enjoy playing with it.

Latest posts

Back