OPI l&p better than creative? and dust?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

looby4444

Reaction score
hi guys

went out last night and talked to my friend about the rash on my hands from l&p. have not touched it for a few days n have still got an itchy rash and got a set to do tomoz!eeek!

was chatting to her and showed her my rash, she said to try opi products as this doesnt cause a lot of dust and she thinks its better than creative which i cant really believe?

itr would be nice to believe the bit about dust cos my skin is terrible and dont think ill be able to carry on with creative :Scared:

help and advice needed as im going to buy some more stuff this week and may try opi?

lou x

I do not believe that one system causes more dust than another - surely it is you who creates the dust - if you put too much product on and have to file it off then this will cause dust. If you get the product on thin enough and smooth enough then there should be minimal dust be it Creative dust, OPI dust , EZ Flow dust etc.

An allergic reaction does not generally happen over night but over time - if you are regularly working so that the dust is landing on your table and you are resting your hands in it then this could, over time, cause a reaction.

If this is the case then if you change to a different product but keep working the same way then I dont see it being any different.

If you love your products, then speak to your educator about the way you work and see if you can identify your problem.

Hope this helps - it is very expensive to jump from one product to the next, trust me I have done it LOL, find out for real what your problem is first.

I think that there was a post on here a short while ago about someone being allergic to products, they suggested trying gloves, apparenently you can get some good ones ffrom Creative.

Why not try this first???

HTH

xxx

I don´t think changing your products would make any difference. I also think gloves would be the answer. .I have had this problem myself. Itchy rash which looked horrible. Using gloves changed this. I do believe that if you don´t react on this and just keep going and having rashes you could end up not being able to work with L&P at all. I can actually work without gloves now and again now without getting a rash, which is nice in the summer

I have used OPI and it's excellent. However, it doesn't compare with Creative.....................it doesn't come anywhere near it.

I know a guy who owns a wholesalers and 6 nail salons in Texas. He sells all different brands but obviously not Creative. I asked him what he thought the best L&P was and he said that without a doubt it's Creative. His words were "Nobody can touch them.............it's the best in the world".

Lou, I don't mean to be horrible or anything but we just gave you info on how to try and correct your allergy problem, please take our advice, give it a chance, for at least two weeks!!

Fiona is right in what she says!! It would be far too expensive to change products becasue of dust, you create the dust not the products!

xxxx

yes i know and that advice was great, im just in agony thats all and i have a set to do tomorrow and beleive me i have tried everything! im clutching at straws now and had just found out about opi last night and was hoping to hear what i wanted to thats all!!

sorry

xx

looby4444 said:
yes i know and that advice was great, im just in agony thats all and i have a set to do tomorrow and beleive me i have tried everything! im clutching at straws now and had just found out about opi last night and was hoping to hear what i wanted to thats all!!

sorry

xx

It's okay darlin, I know what your going through okay? :hug: I used to scratch my hand open from all the itching, ignored the pain and carried on doing it, it hurt like hell, I used to wake up mornings at about 02:00 to scratch my hand and wake my boyfriend from all the crying. I know how you feel! Just use your SolarOil it works hun! Mwah!!

xxxx

thanks sorry to be a pain, all ive ever wanted to do is do nails and i guess im just sooooo stressed out! ill give it another whirl and stop scratching and keep applying the oil, went to get some butter yesterday but it was closed:Scared:

ok well ill let u know how it goes!

thanks hun

xx

looby4444 said:
thanks sorry to be a pain, all ive ever wanted to do is do nails and i guess im just sooooo stressed out! ill give it another whirl and stop scratching and keep applying the oil, went to get some butter yesterday but it was closed:Scared:

ok well ill let u know how it goes!

thanks hun

xx

I know, I was in the same boat, the first thing that came to my mind is that I was the only one that this happend to, I wasn't supposed to be doing nails and this is a sign, my dream was going to be ruined, it's not any of those, just take my advcie sweetheart okay?? :hug: (big hug!)

xxxx

Latest posts

Back