OPI L&P System

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lady_of_Pain

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I am wondering if anyone has used the OPI L&P System, and what do they think of it. This weekend I was at the Allied Beauty Association show in Saskatoon, Canada. I went to the show with my sister in law, who is a hairstylist, and my Mother in Law, who came along to get cheap Christmas presents.......

Near the end of the day, they were both insistant on purchasing this OPI L&P System for me. I tried to explain to them that I wasn't trained in L&P - I use gel. I tried to explain to them the difference between gel and L&P, but they didn't understand, and didn't seem to want to understand. I think they just thought "this is for nails, she does nails, so I should buy it for her". Plus it was WAY cheaper than the Brisa kit that I wanted. They kept saying that I could learn from the DVD that was enclosed in the kit. I tried to tell them that sure, I could learn from the DVD, but that would not make me certified in L&P and it is a lot better to take a professional course. They still would not listen to me and insisted that they buy this for me. They are both stubborn and I didn't want to argue with them. So I talked to the OPI lady that was operating the booth, and they seemed too busy to really seem to care - it seemed like all they cared about was selling something, and it was the end of the day and everyone just wanted to leave. I managed to get out of them that if I purchased the kit, there would be training provided at a distributor in the city.

So - having this forced upon me - apparently I will be taking an L&P course in November. This is fine with me as it will be good to know both L&P and Gel, but I am not finished my gel course until October 31st, so this will be a lot of information to digest in such a short time.

So in closing (sorry about the long post), I am wondering if OPI's L&P System is good, and I am hoping that my Mother in Law isn't wasting her money!!!

P.S. I got a demo nail of the Brisa gel and it was amazing. That was my main reason for attending the show, and it was everything I had expected and hoped.

hi - i have used both the clarite and the absolute from opi - i thought the clarite was better than the absolute as when i did the training with the absolute all i got was "oh your ratio is wrong - keep trying - if i were you i would go with creative - as you will get better after sales service and support from them - i found that all opi was interested in was how much they could sell and after that they dont give a stuff. i switched to creative and i havent looked back, they are brill, and the support and aftersales service is second to none

I've used Clarite which is really nice once you've mastered how to cure it properly (since it is odorless).
And I've used Competition 3000 for a long time, and it was ok, except I experienced a lot of yellowing, and had to soak off and apply new sets every few months. This may or may not have been a problem with the product, and it could very well have been my own fault (contaminated brush, etc,.).
I have moved on from OPI l&p, but still use a lot of their polish, and Avojuice lotions because my clients and myself love them very much.

Yes, I would much rather go with Creative, and the OPI kit was Absolute. I will see what I can do - I'm not sure if my Mother in Law had purchased it yet or not. I hope they haven't.

I love OPI's L&P systems. I prefer the Competition 3000 to the ABSOLUTE though.

mgloverfam said:
I've used Clarite which is really nice once you've mastered how to cure it properly (since it is odorless).
And I've used Competition 3000 for a long time, and it was ok, except I experienced a lot of yellowing, and had to soak off and apply new sets every few months. This may or may not have been a problem with the product, and it could very well have been my own fault (contaminated brush, etc,.).
I have moved on from OPI l&p, but still use a lot of their polish, and Avojuice lotions because my clients and myself love them very much.

Hi - I am creative trained and have moved to a new salon using OPI Clarity, I am not sure they are using the product correctly and would really appreciate any hints or tips. The things I am struggling with are...They are using the product very wet, I assume the same consistancy would apply as with all l&p systems? They are applying in one ball and not the three zones, is there any reason they should be doing this? When the product dries do you file this off and if so with what grit? It has a gel like appearence and is very different to what I'm used to....any advice?

thanks
Re-be

Latest posts

Back