Opinions please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tash10

Reaction score
Hi all just wanted some opinions please, ive done my level 2 hairdressing in salon and I finished that about 4 years ago from then I worked in a salon for about 1 year, I left there due to child care and other reasons but couldnt find another job in a salon so went into something else just to get a wage coming in, ive been out of hairdressing in a salon for a good 2 1/2 years (ive been doing family and friends hair still) and I really want to go back to working in a salon in sept when my eldest starts full time school. What id like to know is what would be the best way to do this and do you even think id have a chance, I feel very confident in what i do and im very passionate about it too. Hope you all can help xx :confused:

If you've been away from hairdressing for around 3 years, you'd probably want to look into a refresher course. Not sure if there's any in your area or not, but the other hair geeks will probably know. Also, i guess you'd be better off going around the salons and explaining your situation. Explain you're going on a refresher course and would like a position as a junior stylist. Explain you're confident in your ability but would also like to learn from other hairdressers in the salon. You never know what you might get offered.

Oh, before i forget, make a CV up to hand in before you go. 9/10 salons asked me for my CV when i went in. Yeah, it's irritating as hell, but that's how most of them operate now.

Good luck =)

i agree you would need to do a refresher course, but go and ask around your local salons and try and get in that way, a few hous some where is better than now where, and you will be on that road to rediscovering your skills, or enhancing them good luck:D

I agree with the first two posters! yet again sorry salon florida.... I dont get it!!!???

I think you have been away from hairdressing for about 2 years; you'd supposedly goal to accessory into a reminder route. Not constant if there is any in your crossways or not, but the added hair geeks will supposedly know. Also, I acceptance you'd be better off itinerant about the salons and recognition your situation. Explain you are traveling on a refresher beforehand and would like a position as an inferior stylist. Explain you're assured in your adeptness but would as well like to part-time from added hairdressers in the salon. You never apperceive what you expertise obtain existing.

Is it me but no offense I can't understand a word of this. ..

Sent from my Orange San Francisco using SalonGeek

Hi thanks all, That is what ive been looking for but cant seem to find anything in my area. And i also cant really afford a refresher course at the moment! I dont understand that post either lol x

Latest posts

Back