Opinions please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Natm

Reaction score
Hello, I have just had 2 bridesmaids trials this evening. The 1st bridesmaid has hair down passed her bra strap at the back and ridiculously thick. I curled it all and pinned it up. So I charged the normal rate. The second bridesmaid however had a graduated bob (the bride didnt realise this and thought it was long?! Dont understand that) so because of that I curled the sides and pinned the back into a half up style. It took me all of 20 mins! So I said dont give me the full price and I knocked a tenner off! (Am I allowed to say my prices?)

My dilemma is should I even of charged for the second bridesmaid? I'm so cheap that she paid next to nothing but it is still my time? I feel guilty for taking money.

no dont feel guilty ! you still did the work xx

Your h every penny ad you shouldn't have knocked any money off if ur really cheap. It's not the time ur always charging for its
Your skill.

I know but it literally took me 20 mins! And I'm such a softie! She already had moaned about the make up so I thought if I charge full price she will moan and want a full refund.

I'm just a worrier and softie. I know it's my own fault for being like this as il never make any money but I thought if I charge full price she will just moan and say I can do this myself as she is doing that for her make up now!! X

Let her crack on and do it herself and book a full price paying client in her app,

Toughen up hun x

Haha I know I should do this. My partner said if you want to give it back, give it to me instead I could do with a new top! Men!!

I do need to toughen up I just feel like because it was done so quickly and couldn't do much with it I felt bad! But on the day I will be blowdrying it and waving it.

Xxxx

You have a business to run , your not a charity case you are a trained professional , if she wants your excellent service she has to pay for it , at the end of the day I think tescos is expensive at times but they never give me freebies lol Xx

Haha I know I should do this. My partner said if you want to give it back, give it to me instead I could do with a new top! Men!!

I do need to toughen up I just feel like because it was done so quickly and couldn't do much with it I felt bad! But on the day I will be blowdrying it and waving it.

Xxxx

A style dry is a service, then additional hair up. Charge accordingly and remember she gets paid for her work so should you!!

A style dry is a service, then additional hair up. Charge accordingly and remember she gets paid for her work so should you!!

I'm a softie too and completely agree with you!

i would have charged her regardless! (meany that I am!!) I done a whole bunch up do's on saturday, each taking between 20mins and 50mins, everyone paid the same, everyone was happy as they had the style they wanted! x

Hiya :) im cheap too and I had someone text me sat to ask what hers and friends hair would be, i said 15 half up 20 all up.
The reply was can u do it for 10 cos it wont take u long!?
I repeated the price and told her she could cancel if she liked. She paid 20.
Some people r just so cheeky! Like someone else says if she doesnt wanna pay let her do it herself and book a paying client in! X

Latest posts

Back