Other Local Hairdresser Ruining Hair!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NatalieJade

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

I need some advice really.

There is a mobile hairdresser operating in the Portsmouth area, who is completely ruining peoples hair! I wont name and shame him, but, I feel I should just to warn anyone who potentially considers using him!

Basically, my main form of advertising is on Faceboook. There is about 5 main mobile hairdressers who advertise on there, and we all know of each other, and there is no hostility.

However, this one hairdresser, is awful to put it bluntly.

He charges ridiculously stupid prices, like £40 for a full head highlights, cut, and intensive conditioning treatment! (I have no idea how someone can charge that!)

However, the awful stories are now to follow...

1) He turned up for a cut and blow dry, without scissors, so asked to use the household scissors!

2) He turned up for a colour and cut, without shampoo and conditioner, without a towel, without a hairbrush, without a hairdryer..

3) EVERY client's hair I have had to rectify that he has done, have said they have had to pick him up from the ferry station. (Most of my clients call in a mobile hairdresser, because they dont have the time to goto a salon, what with juggling children and housework etc. So surely this defys the point?)

4) He doesnt give skin tests or strand tests

5) On several clients he has not even given them a colour consultation. For example, client wants chocolate brown, (Which, lets be fair, my interpritation of chocolate brown might be completely different to yours! So, this is not an accurate way of choosing colour.) , and when hes turned up for the appointment, hasnt shown the client the colour, so they just go with his instinct really!

However, the main point of all, is WONKY CUTS! HE DOES NOT CUT WELL!

I have no idea if this man is qualified, let alone insured!

Is there anything we can do to stop this man operating like this?

People are going to him because of the prices, but, paying more in the end because they are calling other mobile hairdressers to rectify it! Not to mention, its blackening our good business, because it will put them off going mobile again!

Any help is greatly appreciated.

And, thank you for reading! :)

Nat xxx

Hi,
I wouldnt let it worry you,
People will soon hear of him,and stay clear.

People really should get a bad sense of him anyway,I mean if someone attempted to cut my hair with my house hold scissors, id tell them no, surely? not just hand him them?

Im sure it wont be long until someone tries to seue him,and he comes un-stuck.
unfortunatly in this country, its not against the law,to be a mobile hairdresser,with no qualifications.

Is he really that bad, or are these just stories youve heard,its hard to believe anyone can be that bad,and believe its ok?

80% of my business is hair extensions,I know of at least 3 girls that offer absoloutely awful extensions,and i know theyre not insured etc, they often undercut my prices by almost half, my clients often go to them,then come back to me with a horror story, so i wouldnt worry bout him pinching your business, I do understand that its infuriating though!
Kate x

He really is awful, one of my clients has a "chunk" cut from the right side of her hair... So she is just left with a big lump sat on one side of the hair..

His colouring seems ok, not brilliant, but much much better then his cutting skills...

Dont get me wrong, im thankful for the extra work here and there, but, if that was my, id be absolutely devastated..

And the thing that infuriates me the most, is hes clearly getting friends to comment on his wall on facebook with 'positive feedback'... And, anytime anyone puts anything negative, he blocks them and removes the comments...

Its become an 'additition' to keep checking regularly if hes had anymore negative comments! There is atleast one a day...

Its awful that they can just get away with it!

Thanks for the advice anyway :) xxx

He really is awful, one of my clients has a "chunk" cut from the right side of her hair... So she is just left with a big lump sat on one side of the hair..

His colouring seems ok, not brilliant, but much much better then his cutting skills...

Dont get me wrong, im thankful for the extra work here and there, but, if that was my, id be absolutely devastated..

And the thing that infuriates me the most, is hes clearly getting friends to comment on his wall on facebook with 'positive feedback'... And, anytime anyone puts anything negative, he blocks them and removes the comments...

Its become an 'additition' to keep checking regularly if hes had anymore negative comments! There is atleast one a day...

Its awful that they can just get away with it!

Thanks for the advice anyway :) xxx

Oh god??
well, time will tell I reckon hun!
i dont know how people like that can live with themselfs?
xx

theres not much ya can do really ... just reap in the business you get from it .. i have seen some really bad haircuts .. come out of even high end salons i think some people just either arnt good cutters .. or just lazy x

Thanks guys, maybe one day the industry will be regulated! x

Lol do you work in Gosport too or just Portsmouth? I have not heard of him! x

I haven't heard anything about this guy either! Will have to keep my ear to the ground from now on!! Lol

Lol do you work in Gosport too or just Portsmouth? I have not heard of him! x

Mainly Gosport area covered actually! :)

Are you on facebook? I'll let you know his page, and you can take a look :)

The work is, needless to say, not professional.

If that was me, I wouldnt even be putting 'my work' online for all to see!

Latest posts

Back