Overseas?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rachel_1984

Reaction score
Hello again,
Is there anybody on the site who operates a nail tech business overseas?

Here in Turkey, there doesnt seem to be as much interest in the industry as can be found in the rest of Europe. :sad:

If anybody else has had a similar problem starting up overseas, please can you give me some advice as to how to fill the market gap and how to know what services to offer?

Love & hugs
Rachelxxx

I used to visit my inlaws in spain for 4 years and at the beginning there were no nail techs now however they are everywhere. Just give it some time and the epidemic will soon spread. :biggrin:

deb x x

there aren't many where I live... infact you can count on 1 finger those close enough to be a threat to me lol
however... the expat community doesn't seem to be interested, I have a small core of clients which keeps me ticking over but not as many as I would like.
we're just outside of Valencia (half an hour), there are some expat mags and newspapers but not many, so I advertise in them but 'the fish ain't biting' so to speak.
you could well have problems getting supplies for the system you use, I found it hard going at first but found them in the city eventually.
so... advice... hmmm, the best one would be to get yourself some business cards and put them up where the english go, bars, shops etc. advertise in expat magazines etc and if you have friends who need or would like enhancements or nailart offer it to them free or at a reduced rate so they can advertise for you.
it's hard work hunny but you will get there in the end :hug: xx

oooh just read your post again... services to offer... pedicures go down well as living in the sun means flip flops or similar footwear so the heels of feet are generally nasty lol.
manicures, especially hydrating ones, go down well as people are swimming a lot more and forget about their nails and hands drying with the chlorine, sun etc etc.
my clients are generally tip and overlay, natural nail overlay and manicures, i'm hoping to get the courage to train for pedi's (feet are a personal hangup of mine lol), there's money to be made in pedi's :)
hth's a bit x

Why don't you pm Dilek, our Turkish Geek based here in the UK. She may be able to advise you. She doesn't come online often so I'll mention to her to touch base with you sooon. I understand there is a big market waiting to be intruduced to the nail industry in Turkey - you do your stuff well and you'll be a star.

Hey everyone
Thanks for your great replies!
Me and my hubby are hopefully going to the UK for a couple of months over winter so Im hoping to cram in plenty of training and buy lots of supplies whilst I can!

Love & hugs
Rachel xxx:)

Latest posts

Back