Paints Or Pens?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

louisehartje

Reaction score
JUST OUT OF CURIOSITY!!!

I have star nails little paint pots and striper brush - not overly happy with them, just wanted to know your views etc on what you use - or and the pens better than using pots of paints and a brush??

your thoughts please as I am thinking of getting the pens and doing away with the star nails paints!

I've spent a fortune on those star nails pots of paint and they are crap :twisted:

In the end I went to Sussex Stationers got one of their acrylic paints sets (about 20 little tubes in all sorts of colours for about £10) and I use them, they are fab. They can be a bit thick and look like oil paints so I load my brush with water and mix it up and it's the perfect consistency :D

The striper pens a fab, but a little on the expensive side if you want loads and loads of colours - and I'm a spoilt cow and want everything in every colour :D

I don't like star nails paint too watery and not alot of coverage.

What you need is reeves acrylic paints ideal for designs and pictures.

The pens are good as they have polish in them, you can do lots with those too. Why not get a couple and see how you get on!

Take care x

I take it you go to a stationers and get this stuff - I was thinking of going to Hobbycraft - good idea or not?

what about a good striper brush - again have star nails and it is rubbish!

Hi

Yes, Hobby Craft do every colour you can think off. I have brought loads and instead of carrying all of them around with you, go to Boots and they do a little stack of 5 transparent pots. They all screw onto one another and they are fab. They are in the section with the cosmetics bags and travel pots.(£2.45)

xx

hi,
i use acrylic paints bought from the local art shop, but i think hobby craft sell them too. they cost me a pound for each colour and you only need a blob, i still use mine after 4 years, and if it seems a little thick, just add a little water with your brush. the acrylic paints dry quicker, then i just top coat or gel over the art work.
the brushes i use are from LCN, i love the striper brush, it glides though stripes and flicks and cleans easily. you can buy the art brushes seperatly or as a set for about £20.

Craft shop acrylic paints for me too....Anita's is the brand I use, 99p each or £1.89 for metallics.
Have a variety of striping brushes, find I get on with the Skinny-striper best as opposed to the Super-striper.

I find the little paint pots good for painting small details like hibiscus flowers but love the flexibrush pens fo flicks and lines and the spangles type pen brushes for dotting etc.. im afraid im a spoilt mare and like to have everythign but 9/10 use the penbrushes as theya re excellent or quickness especially when painting small finger nails.
x

As the paints are waterbased, they can easily be wiped off a painted nail without damaging the polish if you make a mistake.

Most of the nail art pens aren't waterbased which means re-doing the whole nail if you make an error as it needs to be taken off with nail varnish remover which is a pain!

I sell pots of nail art paint on my website and use them in my designs, so they are tried and tested!

I like the little pots of paint by spangles i dont find them that hard to work with i find you can mix loads of colours and the only fault with the range is that the metalics are kind of watery other than that I can't fault them. I like the pens also but find that these are only useful for you simple designs such as flicks dots and c's etc.

Latest posts

Back