paronychia

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joolz

Reaction score
my cuticle pickin daughter has got paronychia which has resulted in a a&e visit obviously all my lecturin about nails hasnt paid off!! i've posted to ask if anyone else has ever seen it as nasty as this she has a red track like mark running up her arm which is aching like mad, whole finger is swollen, (looks like a halloween monster one) ive never seen anything like it ,end result though is a week on antibiotics and a great big bandage and lots of huggys and fussin from me(shes 18 btw) do you think she might take some notice of me now?
thanks for reading

Hmm well being the phantom picker of old fareham town :o I can relate to this. Got is quite a few years ago, although not so that it went up my arm lol. But ended up on antibiotics, and I lost the nail on both fingers, but they grew back fine in the end. :D

i had this recently on one finger but not as bad as you described! she must be in so much pain, but at least it will cure her habit. my finger tip swelled to almost twice its size and was constantly throbbing and used used betadine on it which helped to keep the infection down but what really helped was we went away camping at a beach caravan park and had to use hot salty water to shower and wash dishes in. just one day later my finger was completley healthy again.

yep can sympathize I had paronychia resulting in a large abcess between the nail bed and nail plate, Ended up having a needle stuck into it to drain it.
I still remember the pain to this day it burned and throbbed for ages and I at to have a section of nail removed too.

Latest posts

Back