Part time SE in salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Root

Reaction score
I am thinking of leaving the salon I work in and setting myself up part time renting a space in a salon, but I'm not sure if salons would be interested if I only rented a space for 3 days a week. (Don't intend on working fulltime until my daughter is at school).

Let me know if you think this would work please.

It would probablly depend on which days you worked and if it would be the same day each week which would be best. Many salons only have part-time technicians. Is it a hair salon you will be setting up in?

Hi Ruth

I have just been offered and accepted to rent a space in a clothes boutique where they have converted the very top floor into a mini salon with 3 nail desks. They have said I could do all week or Thursday to Satutday or Monday to Wednesday. From what I gather she did a little market research and it seems that this is what most salons in the area do if it is on a renting bases. So might be worth going into some salons and asking or giving them a ring.

Alot of salons near me rent space but never seem to have nail techs every day, so i think all nail techs tend to rent part time so it fits in with them.

If that's the case, i wouldn't leave any of your stuff behind or products etc as you won't know if it's being used. Good luck though.

Thanks for the replies. Yes, I was thinking of setting up in a hair salon or maybe a sunbed studio and would work Thursday to Saturday or maybe Friday, Saturday and Monday. Good tip about not leaving my stuff there, apart from others using it I should imagine that the hairdressers might have a good old use of the polishes etc while I'm not there!

Hello,

As a business owner that is looking for someone only part time, it is better but remember you have to work specified hours even if you havn't any clients, which a lot of girlies tend to forget! Thur-Sat are brilliant, Mondays are a great day too! Remember most other salons are closed on a Monday.

I am looking for someone!!

Latest posts

Back