Patch test - lashes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dbailey

Reaction score
Ok guys a bit of advise, a client has just been for a patch test. Usually I would apply a couple of lashes to the outside of the eye. This client was going for Lvl treatment after, so I just put the products behind her ear.
During the consultation she advised me that she has a reaction to hair dye (quite severely). Providing she doesn’t have a reaction to my patch test should it be ok to proceed?

Thanks

1. Patch test either in the way you were trained to or follow manufacturers instructions if they state an alternative method.
AND
2. Contact your insurance company and see what they advise.

As she has already advised that she has a severe reaction to hair colour, you really need to be cautious. Don’t risk your business on a single set of lashes.

1. Patch test either in the way you were trained to or follow manufacturers instructions if they state an alternative method.
AND
2. Contact your insurance company and see what they advise.

As she has already advised that she has a severe reaction to hair colour, you really need to be cautious. Don’t risk your business on a single set of lashes.
Very true.. I’ll ring them first thing in the morning.
If I do have to tell her I’m unable to do them. How would you address it? xxx

Easy, just say that because she mentioned having had a serious reaction to hair colour, your insurer has advised that they won’t provide cover for you to do her lashes. If she pushes, just keep re-iterating you’re really sorry but you can’t offer a service that your insurance won’t cover.

I would strongly advise you to redo patch test how you normally do it. Just because it hasn’t reacted behind the ear, doesn’t mean it won’t on the eyes. I don’t feel patch testing behind the ear is effective for lash extensions.

I agree with the others. Patch testing behind the ear could void your insurance and it wont get you realistic results as it is likely a client could react through contact with the skin, likewise might be fine with the extensions. The other way is also that a client might not react behind the ear as you cannot test the reaction to any fumes that develop when the adhesive cures so a patch test behind the ear does not give reliable results

Latest posts

Back