Patch testing for lash extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

☆Hannah☆

Reaction score
A place which uses the same products as our salon they use temporary tattoos to patch test lashes..? can you do this?
:s
we use eyelash emporium, our owner isnt happy with us booking out 15min to patch test the client she would rather the receptionist do it to save booking time. how would you all recommend getting round this? :/ i think we need to be doing them ourselves as the therapists but yeah.... can anyone recommend any way our untrained receptionists can do a lash patch test to save booking out 15min with ourselves???
Thanks xxx

Assuming you're employed... get the salon owner to train the receptionist to do patch tests. It's not rocket science.

If self employed, insist on doing them yourself.

I found most my allergies for lash extensions comes from the gel eye pads which you place under the client's eyes to do the extensions... as the actual glue doesn't touch the skin so it shouldn't cause any problems, just your fumes.

So best to try that and see if they react,

Most allergies are actually from the cyanoacylate in the adhesive and it is all adhesives so once you get an allergy then you usually can't have extensions again,
I got an allergy from wearing extensions but I was actually allergic to the carbon black so I can still have extensions but my lash tech has to use a clear adhesive,
So it's very important to patch test and you would patch test by placing a few extensions on each eye and to do this you need to be qualified. So it's not something a receptionist should be doing at all!

I would definately explain to the owner that you need to do the patch test your self. If the receptionist hasn't done the training, then I don't know if the patch test would stand?
Wether you or the receptionist did the patch test, she would still need the treatment room for the 15 mins as the patch test can't be done standing up x

If you're patch testing glue, surely you don't need to apply any lashes, you're just applying glue to the skin? That's what I was taught and when I've had lashes applied, that's what 2 separate techs did.

If you're patch testing glue, surely you don't need to apply any lashes, you're just applying glue to the skin? That's what I was taught and when I've had lashes applied, that's what 2 separate techs did.
I was taught this way to. If you patch test by applying lashes and they have a reaction then surely it effects the eyes?

Latest posts

Back