Payleven charges?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmoseley07

Reaction score
Hi I've recently bought the payleven card machine which is a 2.75% charge per transaction.
The problem is we are possibly the lowest priced salon in my area, meaning we are pretty cheap.
I have so many clients asking to pay by card but because of our prices I cannot be paying the charges.
Do any of you charge your clients the small fee?
I feel in some way cheeky to do this but I just can't be paying every single fee.

Hi, I use an iZettle card machine and it states in the terms and conditions that I must not transfer the % charge to my clients and it must be paid by me.
Might be worth checking if Payleven have any rules about it? X

Ah thank you! I've heard this before that it's actually illegal to ask for card payments! I'll be having a look into mine x

Why not adjust your prices so they absorb all costs including the fees for card payment? That way clients know what they're paying and won't be worrying about additional costs being added.

My prices will be going up next year by a couple of £ but we are still really low priced [emoji16] I daren't put my prices up too much and scare them away

Latest posts

Back