Pedi Questions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rainbow girl

Reaction score
Ive done a VTCT, and we covered Pedicures. Ive got a Pedicure to do this week, but after reading a article in the Scratch magazine i noticed they cut/filed and shaped the toenails at the end. They were using Creative's products.

We were taught to do it at the beginining (after cuticle work) What does everyone else do? Is there a right or wrong way?

Also, at what stage do people use the heated booties. Again, what ive read now since leaving college has been conflicting.

THANKS! Xxx

I do it at the beginning too

Thanks. It seems the right way round to me, but after seeing the Pedicure article i wasnt sure.

Thanks again

my creative tutor taught me to do it at the end, when toenails are easier to file

x

Oh :rolleyes: . . . . . I suppose i should do it as ive been taught then.

Do you use the heated booties?

i was taught that way, but do it after cuticle work (i guess if they were really tough to file-i might let them soak first)

i dont use booties at the mo and would never use thm with spa pedi but maybe in winter with raw earth pedi?
x

I havent done my Creative Spa conversion so this is probably a silly question but why wouldnt you use booties with Spa treatments?

Only curious. Thanks Xxx

Because the marine masque is very cooling and using heated boottees would be just plain erm weird

yeah it would

i explain to clients that spa is more cooling and raw earth is warm (uses a warm sugar scrub that realy heats up when applied to skin-lovely)

so spa best for summer, raw earth for winter imo
x

also, NEVER use the marine gel after the marine masque!!!

its supposed to be retailed and silly me came home from training, practiced on b/f and his feet were like blocks of ice all night-oops!
x

Thanks for that. My Spa conversion is going to be my next training course i book on. Thats cleared it up for me.

Thanks very much for your help Xxx

I was taught not to file nails after being in water because they split more easily.

Thats the reason we was told too Xxx

my tutor taught me other way round

i never picked it up tho, in the habit of cuticle work/filing

can anyone clear this up ??
x

...I would never file finger nails after they have been soaking as they can split and tear as ScattyFox says, but some toe nails are very thick and tough and can only be cut after soaking.

HTH

Kx

I find it a lot easier to file nails prior to soaking.

Latest posts

Back