Pedicure?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leonnib

Reaction score
hi.. just added pedicure to my list of treatments hich im v.happpy about.

does everyone offer itin a private room as my beauty room is perfect for my waxing ,massage, facials and dont want to overcrowd it.

my nail station for manicures is in the main salon so was going to offer it in the same place.

does it need to be done in private?

I personally think it is nicer to be private - and I know from previously questioning some of my clients what they think and they agreed - was thinking of moving mine into main area - but decided against . Hope that helps x :)

I personally wouldn't mind having a pedi in the main area of a salon but I have talked to other people about this and the consensus of opinion did seem to be that private is better. With regard to overcrowding your room, you don't need lots of space for a pedi. Depending on the layout of the room, can you move your couch to the wall and then all you need is space for the client to sit and for you to sit in front of them. Some therapists sit on small stools, even like the kind of thing a toddler uses when toilet training :)

I'd rather have one in private.
At my salon we do pedis in the beauty room on the couch. Client is on the couch and therapist at the bottom of the couch on a stool-much nicer and more comfortable on the couch than sitting in a chair imo :)

my nail salon whre i ised to go used to do it in the main salon but dont think hey had another room anyway.

i woudnt mind having one in the main salon not that ive ever had one.

ive mainly seen some quite large pedi statons. but il have to think about getting a nice comfy chair. id love to get one with a massage function actually. id love that if i wa a client.

ive got the foot spa etc.

as iv never had one not sure what they would expect but yes i could move the couch closer to the wall for a pedcure booking.

I'd rather have one in private.
At my salon we do pedis in the beauty room on the couch. Client is on the couch and therapist at the bottom of the couch on a stool-much nicer and more comfortable on the couch than sitting in a chair imo :)

i have a couch but it doesnt go right up its a massage couch lso doesnt go up like a chair. i was going to use that intially. with the stool . but wasnt sure if they would find it comfy.

not sure if that makes sense but its a massage couch.

Last edited:
i would rather have pedi in private its a nice relaxing treatement and would be less so in a busy main area of salon.

i use chair and stool but wondered for those of you who use the couch is it easy for the client to use the foot spa bath too or do you not use that?

Im mobile but do a pedi on the couch with a stool at the end. It's fine, the client can sit back against the sit up bit of the couch, they bend there knees up to put them in the pedi bowl, which is placed on a towel on the couch in front of them, then you take a foot out stretch the leg out on to a towel at the bottom of the couch in front of you. Saves your back too. So no problem with space.
I would prefer the privacy and also with a foot massage it's nice to sit back and relax which you wouldn't feel comfy doing in front of people.hth.xx

As strange as it sounds but Im sure you all know, a lot of people dont like their feet and perhaps wouldnt feel comfortable with their feet on show and being worked on in a public area.

Its also quite a vunerable postion to be in psychologically speaking, while nothing is likely to happen I think people tend to relax more in private than in a public space while having their feet done.

Thats my take on the matter anyhows :)

:hug:

so you put the footbath ON the couch at the bottom? u never worried it fall on and spill?

Hi, when I have a pedicure it is in the treatment room and done on the couch as described by ukfaye.
I don't think I'd particularly mind if it was in the main room, but do think it's better in the treatment room.
Lou

thanks. that will save alot of hassle.
il give that a try.

at least they can lean back and relax on the couch. :)

We put the foot spa on a little trolley and get clients to sit sideways on the couch with their feet over the edge and then sit back on the couch for the rest of their pedi. My therapist does a fab pedi and the best and most comfy ones i've ever had!

We put the foot spa on a little trolley and get clients to sit sideways on the couch with their feet over the edge and then sit back on the couch for the rest of their pedi. My therapist does a fab pedi and the best and most comfy ones i've ever had!

This sounds good.

Leonnib, why not do some on family and friends to try out the ways that have been suggested. Guinea pigs are always a good idea when you're unsure about something.

so you put the footbath ON the couch at the bottom? u never worried it fall on and spill?
:) Hi, never had an accident yet.!!!!!:eek:

I have experience of both methods - client on a chair and me on a stool and client on the couch.

I much prefer the couch overall. It is more comfortable and relaxing for the client. I never soak the feet for very long and it is easy for the client when sitting upright on the bed to bend their knees and put them in the bowl.

Client on a chair and me on a stool I currently carry out upstairs in the hair salon where I am based. Clients don't mind too much because it isn't the main area and only a couple of people back and forth - they are not on display so to speak. This method is not always the most comfortable for the client or myself. It is ok if the client is young and slim but if they are a bit older and not as agile, it can be difficult and quite embarrassing for them.

Couch it is for me - I have had clients nod off when on the couch which doesn't happen when they are on the chair.:) I am happier and so is the client!

Oh how I would love a proper pedi station! One day!:lol:

I'm a mobile therapist and have bought a pedicure stool

eBay.ie: Salon pedicure stool - fully adjustable station (item 200370631590 end time 15-Aug-09 22:00:49 BST)

Don't know if this will bring you into the link, hope it does.

I use this with a footspa, its light and comfortable for the client. They can sit on an ordinary chair or comfortable easy chair - whatever's available and pop their foot in and out of the footspa and onto the raised prop for feet and i just sit on the stool. - This doesn't take up much space at all.:green:

All are happy with this.

As for wheather clients are comfortable with privacy or not. You can have it within the salon but with the careful positioning of tables and mayb seperators, if necessary or corners you can provide them with the ultimate experience. its how you make the client feel comfortable as well as the surroundings. if the client is comfortable with you and your treatment the surroundings should disappear!!!

But I suppose in the real world some clients might prefer privacy!!:rolleyes:

Good luck

I have this but never use it normally just have clients foot on my lap with a stool but now I got a new couch think i might try that method sounds much comfier. but omg! thats a fab price i payed waaaayyyy more than that for mine. I prob should start using it rather than it in garage gathering dust.

I'm a mobile therapist and have bought a pedicure stool

eBay.ie: Salon pedicure stool - fully adjustable station (item 200370631590 end time 15-Aug-09 22:00:49 BST)

Don't know if this will bring you into the link, hope it does.

I use this with a footspa, its light and comfortable for the client. They can sit on an ordinary chair or comfortable easy chair - whatever's available and pop their foot in and out of the footspa and onto the raised prop for feet and i just sit on the stool. - This doesn't take up much space at all.:green:

All are happy with this.

As for wheather clients are comfortable with privacy or not. You can have it within the salon but with the careful positioning of tables and mayb seperators, if necessary or corners you can provide them with the ultimate experience. its how you make the client feel comfortable as well as the surroundings. if the client is comfortable with you and your treatment the surroundings should disappear!!!

But I suppose in the real world some clients might prefer privacy!!:rolleyes:

Good luck

yeah i definetely try the couch method me thinks. it sounds alot more comfy then on a chair.

well il give it a try but i think il prefer this if it was me.

i also wondered about the bowl falling :eek:

but hopefully it dont.

I like the idea of a pedi on a couch, but how do you polish their nails without bending right over the end of the couch to see what your doing? I had a go but was at a really bad angle for my back.

Latest posts

Back