Percentage for retail stock

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angelina221

Master Lash Tech
Reaction score
How do you pay your stylists for selling retail stock? Do you pay them a % of the cost of the product or do you pay them a % of the profit?
My computer works out a % of the profit so was just wondering what % you pay your staff.

10% of total cost to the client

Thanks Dawn. I have been paying 20% of the profit which probably works out more or less the same.

When I was paid commission, it kicked in after I had earned 3 x my weekly wage and was 10% on treatments/retail total cost after that.

You get commission on selling products? I've never heard of this! We don't get commission full stop!
I would chuffin love to get that. Do you still get to keep your tips then?

You get commission on selling products? I've never heard of this! We don't get commission full stop!
I would chuffin love to get that. Do you still get to keep your tips then?

Yes the girls get to keep all their tips as well!

10 % of the total cost of the product, also now and again we do some incentives like Gift vouchers etc, for the top seller etc......

Do some salons actually keep tips:suprised: Really???

I find that shocking too. Tips are between the client and the stylist, none of my business.

I find that shocking too. Tips are between the client and the stylist, none of my business.

Thanks for confirming that Persianista - had a sudden thought that I was doing this business thing all wrong:lol:

I get a pound per sale usually. It adds up quick for me but most of the people I work with only sell a few items per week.

Oh wow, I've only ever worked in one place where I wasn't allowed to keep my tips and that was in an Indian Restaurant! There's no way in Hell I'd give my tips away- they pay a lot of my bills! I'm thankful tips don't get taxed like they once were!
Like Persianista said, tips are between the stylist and the client. The client is tipping YOU for YOUR service- that money is then YOURS. If you don't keep your tips where is it going?

In the hair salon i work in, the girls get 10% of the retail price x

Latest posts

Back