Perm advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sgosney

Reaction score
I perm all the time, but I have a problem. My test strand came out fine. Normal lotion virgin hair, processed 12mins.
She only wanted a soft perm. Used blue/grey and grey.
Checked perm after 10mins all good. Processed the extra 2mins. ... rinsed, looked lush. Diffused slightly. Looked soft but still good. The hair went straight and frizzy the following week... I've had her back and the curls look great when wet, stretch test good, but I olaplexed just in case. But hair goes crap when dry. ... I want to reperm with perm lotion for coloured hair. But is this too risky?

I perm all the time, but I have a problem. My test strand came out fine. Normal lotion virgin hair, processed 12mins.
She only wanted a soft perm. Used blue/grey and grey.
Checked perm after 10mins all good. Processed the extra 2mins. ... rinsed, looked lush. Diffused slightly. Looked soft but still good. The hair went straight and frizzy the following week... I've had her back and the curls look great when wet, stretch test good, but I olaplexed just in case. But hair goes crap when dry. ... I want to reperm with perm lotion for coloured hair. But is this too risky?
I would say it could be a porosity issue. If it's fine when it's wet it's because the hair fibre is filled. I'd be looking at restoring a protein balance for sure and moisture. I'd look at doing some repair treatments to build up the protein. Is the client using any product after washing, or just leaving her hair dry naturally?

I would say it could be a porosity issue. If it's fine when it's wet it's because the hair fibre is filled. I'd be looking at restoring a protein balance for sure and moisture. I'd look at doing some repair treatments to build up the protein. Is the client using any product after washing, or just leaving her hair dry naturally?
She's using curl cream and leaving to dry.

Latest posts

Back