Permanent marker on my hair extension bonds!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lois Edwards

Reaction score
Heya
Doing an experiment
So I've jus had some bonds put in
They are so pre bonded
I have a balayage and wanted to match up my colour for my wedding in a few Weeks as love my colour.
The only problem is they come pre bonded so are blonde with blonde bonds
And I'm a 3.0 /4.0 root

So me and my best friend (both hairdressers) are colouring my roots to balayage them in
On Sunday
I'm thinking the bonds are gunna be blonde still and may standout like a sore thumb if I style my hair in different ways
So thinking i could perminate mark them with a bic
Marker ?
So I get the best finish possible
Has anyone done this
I'm going to test a bond and see if there's any damage done by the chemicals in the marker pen

Heya
Doing an experiment
They are so pre bonded
I have a balayage and wanted to match up my colour for my wedding in a few Weeks as love my colour.
And I'm a 3.0 /4.0 root

So me and my best friend (both hairdressers) are colouring my roots to balayage them in
On Sunday
I'm thinking the bonds are gunna be blonde still and may standout like a sore thumb if I style my hair in different ways
Marker ?
Has anyone done this
I'm going to test a bond and see if there's any damage done by the chemicals in the marker pen

Hi Ya!
Oh my god I am so glad I have just seen this .... I thought I was the only one and never ever told anyone ha ha .

So a while back I had these I had bleach blonde hair and had them put in..... later on decided to change hair colour to dark brown and did not even think about the bonds !! As you can imagine i was horrified ..... it looked like I had little bugs in my hair from a distance as my hair was brown and the bonds were blonde!! So the best thing I though to do was to use marker pen .... however it didnt seem to work it just easily wiped off ...... in the end I took them out and had them changed to match ..... I know this isnt very helpful but I have just signed up to this and this was the first post I saw and couldnt believe it :) I hope you manage to get a result you want x

Haha thanks
I'm pleased I'm not alone. Thought someone must of tried something like this before. I jus hope it works and won't wash out [emoji85] x
Fingers crossed x

Try a sharpie rather than any old marker pen as they're probably the best permanent markers. I use them for lots of things and they work well although I've never tried colouring extension rings before.

You can get strands which are already balayage so your root colour would match perfectly

Heya the shade I wanted wasn't in the pre balayaged options
And I didnt want to settle for the different shade
X

Why not just send them off to be retipped once you colour them?

I don't do hair extensions and have gone to a salon which some of my clients go to for there extensions
(As they seem to have the best looking extensions I've seen and my clients hair seem to be in fabulous condition when they are removed)
They jus recommended I have the root balayaged in. No mention of being re tipped
I wasn't aware that could happen either
X

If they are good at extensions this is what they should be recommending to ensure it is done correctly and seamless

Hi Hun
You could just get them re tipped with even clear keratin or the colour keratin that you want ? Ask your extensionist to do it x

Didn't realise this and they have been fitted now unfortunately
So jus trying no to solve this as best i can to get the best result

I did ask about the tips at the consultation
But not offered this as an option
Thanks for the information though as will bear this in mind for the future xx

Didn't realise this and they have been fitted now unfortunately
So jus trying no to solve this as best i can to get the best result

I did ask about the tips at the consultation
But not offered this as an option
Thanks for the information though as will bear this in mind for the future xx

Aww that's a shame , do update us if you colour them in if it works as would be intresting to know :)
I don't think a lot of extensionist like re-tipping as it's quite a pain to do , but it certainly can be done & I like to offer it especially if a clients bought really expensive hair that has a lot more life left in it xx

Heya
Doing an experiment
They are so pre bonded
And I'm a 3.0 /4.0 root

On Sunday
Marker ?
Has anyone done this
I do this with tapes. If I'm custom colouring a root stretch then I use a Sharpie (as mentioned above, these really have staying power) in the relevant colour. Works a treat. Let us know how you get on.

Heya so I used a BIC perminate marker from the post office
It had a bigger head on it to make it easier for my friend.
I tested a few front bonds my self Thursday to make sure any chemicals wouldn't effect the bonds.
I had roots balayaged in today
(I know They say to avoid bonds with tint but was kinda impossible)
And when I washed and dried the marker was still on perfect
My friend coloured the rest in with the BIC marker and the result is perfect

So the verdict is
YES you can correct the colour of the bonds with a permanent marker
If nessasary
I will be taking on board the re tipping advice
And next time I shouldn't get that problem again

But always handy to know
[emoji4]
Thanks all

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1505068696.363684.jpg

Last edited: