Personal security safety fears

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beckybee

Reaction score
Hi everyone.
In our other salon, we employ a manager and rent a chair and a room. All the girls are young and lovely.

On one occasion a man asked for a beard trim, the manager who was on her own said she didn't do them and there was a barber 300 yards away. He just plonked himself down in the chair and almost demanded it be done. Nothing else happened, he paid and left.

On another occasion, the chair rental was on her own and a man asked to charge his phone for ten minutes... She was just about to leave so said no, he was persistent but was ushered out as she had put her coat on.

It's easy to say to them to stand up for themselves, but until you've been put in that position you don't know how would you react.

My husband has the building next door for his business so has said get some sort of alarm so they can press a button and the alarm will go off in his shop and he can run around to stand guard.

Have anyone got anything similar in place? An ordinary building alarm won't suit. Also the button to press just be easy to hide under the reception desk or by the work station

Help, I need to keep the girls safe

Depending on proximity you might be able to use one of those wireless doorbells. You could put the doorbell button under the desk and plug the part that makes the sound in next door. When they're in trouble they can press the doorbell under the desk and it will ring out in your husbands building :)

Depending on proximity you might be able to use one of those wireless doorbells. You could put the doorbell button under the desk and plug the part that makes the sound in next door. When they're in trouble they can press the doorbell under the desk and it will ring out in your husbands building :)

That's what we were thinking, just wanted to see if there was anything better

It is worth thinking about, as 99% of beauty and hair staff are female. We oftern work alone in a shop or even our homes. We invite people into our spaces on just a phone call, no checking is carried out, it's all in good faith.

The door bells are great. I use them for clients to let me know they are done changing. If you wanted more customisation (like an SOS text) try https://flic.io/store/ it is a multi function button that you can even clip on to you just in case you couldn't reach the door bell.

Latest posts

Back