Pinching Tweezers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goddy

Reaction score
I've received my Pinching Tweezers from Cal Nails yesterday with no instructions. I called them and someone was supposed to call and they haven't so I thought this might be quicker.

Can anyone explain how to use them and at what stage? As soon as the acrylic has been put on or do I wait a minute or so? Also, how hard do I pinch? Thanks guys.

Hiya

From a personal point of view, I wouldn't really experiment with pinching until you have been shown how to do it properly as it can cause problems if you don't do it correctly, from, messing up the product you have just applied to causing onycholysis.

Perhaps another of the EZ Flow Geeks (Jess.... where are you) could give you some additional advice!

Take care.

Hi ya

As Cathie said pinching incorectly will cause pressure on the nail plate, causing it to keep an un natural bend when the l and p dries, this inturn forces the nail plate off the nail bed.

If done correctly place pinchers on either side of nail (evenly of course), when acrylic is just starting to go hard, I time this by completing nail - placing form on next finger - going back to nail and pinching. You MUST place pinchers firmly on nail and use the middle section of them. Don't push too hard. Be firm but gentle. If the l and p is not ready they will mark your finish. As Cathie said, you should really get a demo done, as it can lead to all sorts of problems if not done correctly.

Cheers girls. Will take your advice. x

Latest posts

Back