Please can anyone help fledgling tech

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sallie

Reaction score
:confused: Hello all. Would be so grateful for any help, my friend is getting married in two weeks and wants me to do her bridal party nails. Only trouble is she wants a french look but with a thin gold line separating the pink and white.:cry: She wants it to be a shiny gold, someone suggested using striping tape but how on earth do you follow smile line with straight tape. Ive tried painting gold line on but didnt stand out enough for her. Any help would be so greatly appreciated. I have only been doing nails for 6 months so am still very much a learner. Thanking you all in anticipation :D xxxxx

sallie said:
:confused: Hello all. Would be so grateful for any help, my friend is getting married in two weeks and wants me to do her bridal party nails. Only trouble is she wants a french look but with a thin gold line separating the pink and white.:cry: She wants it to be a shiny gold, someone suggested using striping tape but how on earth do you follow smile line with straight tape. Ive tried painting gold line on but didnt stand out enough for her. Any help would be so greatly appreciated. I have only been doing nails for 6 months so am still very much a learner. Thanking you all in anticipation :D xxxxx

Sallie, you can buy a 'striper polish' in bright gold which should do the job for you.

How about a line of golden diamonties instread, or even a line of gold bullion across the smile. You could embed the bullion into the nail (presuming she has enhancements!).
Hope this helps you a little.
Big geeky welcome to ya!

Or you could use a gold thread that will curve with the smile and add a slight 3D effect!

ooh that sounds lovely!! :D

How about these nail stickers, available in different designs and cost only £1.50, Application would be easy peasy & worry free. Visit www.dsfm.uk.com Just a thought

Hi sallie
As Gigi said gold thread is a great option, Ive used this adhered with resin to great effect...lasted over aweek too!

Also Wilkinsons store sell a strip of metallic paints in decent sized tubs for £3/4.
I used those here...nails are desparate for a rebalance ...so just look at the gold panint, lol!

Attachments

• Copy of Picture 1473.jpg
    Copy of Picture 1473.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 53
fiona wallace said:
Sallie, you can buy a 'striper polish' in bright gold which should do the job for you.
Thank you for that I will have a go. Apparently she has seen the look in a magazine and wanted the same.
All advice is sooooo welcome.
Sallie xxxxxxx

NoticeableNails said:
How about a line of golden diamonties instread, or even a line of gold bullion across the smile. You could embed the bullion into the nail (presuming she has enhancements!).
Hope this helps you a little.
Big geeky welcome to ya!
Hi Jo, had not thought of these where do you get the bullion as I have not seen it before. Is it suitable for use with L&P and gel as I have 4 sets of each to do.
Thank you
Oh how I wish I woz more experienced.
Sallie xxxxx

geeg said:
Or you could use a gold thread that will curve with the smile and add a slight 3D effect!
Hello and thank you for your reply.
Will try this out . when would be the best time to place the thread, I am doing 4 sets of gel and 4 sets of L&P.
I can see I am going to be really busy trying out all these fab ideas.
Thanks once again
Sallie. xxxx

Nat Tov said:
How about these nail stickers, available in different designs and cost only £1.50, Application would be easy peasy & worry free. Visit www.dsfm.uk.com Just a thought
Thank you will try these aswell. She's a very good friend so its got to be perfect, these do look nice, can you cover over in layer of gel?
Thanking you once again
Sallie xxxx

Glorsclaws said:
Hi sallie
As Gigi said gold thread is a great option, Ive used this adhered with resin to great effect...lasted over aweek too!

Also Wilkinsons store sell a strip of metallic paints in decent sized tubs for £3/4.
I used those here...nails are desparate for a rebalance ...so just look at the gold panint, lol!
They look lovely, I can see I'm going to have many late nights over the next week having a go with all these ideas. You are all so helpful thank you sooo much.
Sallie xxxxxxx

Latest posts

Back