Please could someone give me step by step instructions to using foils??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~shelley~

Reaction score
Hiya, Ive just bought a spangles foils kit from ebay & it has no instructions, it has got loads of foils & adhesive, i was just wondering if someone could give me step by step simple instructions taking into account i know nothing - i just thought they looked good & imagined i could work it out!!!
Ive done a search & learnt a bit but most people are asking for tips & i need all of the steps to doing it,
Thank you

Shelley xxx:Kissing:

Been a while since I used them as I sold them all after I got bored :lol

Apply a thin layer of the adhesive which will go on cloudy and wait until it becomes clear - if you try to use the foil whilst it's still cloudy it won't stick

Making sure the foil is the right way up (backing on top) press on to the nail, I use my finger to smooth it out making sure there are no creases/bubbles etc.

Then pull off the backing - I used to cut out squares the size of the nails, some people work off the whole roll - do whatever you find comfortable.

Apply a layer of top coat and you're done :Love:

Advise client to purchase a bottle of top coat from you and apply every day to keep them sealed and in good condition.

Thank you that is brilliant - i will give it a try now
Love shelley xx

~shelley~ said:
Thank you that is brilliant - i will give it a try now
Love shelley xx

Make sure you post some pictures of your nails when you've done them - we like a good nosy :D

I have used the foils , I think they are great. The first few goes i didnt get quite right there was some bits of foil missing but i was pulling the foil off too slow . If you pull it off really quickly its ok. Still cant get it to look good on my practise tips as i cant seem to get a proper hold on it.Its a shame as i needed them to put in my display. Did a set on my daughters friend and they looked fab.

nutty tart said:
I have used the foils , I think they are great. The first few goes i didnt get quite right there was some bits of foil missing but i was pulling the foil off too slow . If you pull it off really quickly its ok. Still cant get it to look good on my practise tips as i cant seem to get a proper hold on it.Its a shame as i needed them to put in my display. Did a set on my daughters friend and they looked fab.
i seem to be having the same prob - i will try to pull it off faster
thanx for the advice - shelley xx

Hi Shelley
Foils are tricky to master, I feel, the art is allowing the adhesive to dry for long enough:irked: ( I am too impatient) and only applying just enough before applying the foil. I have successfully worn foils on myself last xmas but was not confident with them to offer to paying clients. I havent really dabbled much since. Good luck - they look great if you can get it right. Love to see your results.

Julie

Hiya,

I've got the same kit as you by the sounds of it, this is what i do:-

Apply whatever base colour polish client or design needs and ensure it's completely dry before foiling:zzz: . Other wise your foil will stick all over the place, unbeknown to you untill you pull it off & start swearing under your breath!

Apply adhesive and wait for it to dry off to go clear, then apply your chosen foil and rub well, I use a cotton bud and my nails to get into fiddly bits!. When it's done rip it off as if your waxing, that makes a big difference to pulling slowly believe me!

HTH X

Thank you, ive given up for today so im going to practice again tomorrow - im sure with loads of practice i should master it (fingers crossed) ive had some excellent tips, thanx shelley xx

which way do you put the foil on?? pattern up or patterndown on to the nail - i might have been doing it upside down - duh!! no wonder it didnt work. i bought the holographic kit today xx

the foils i had go on pattern side up so the backing is on the nail.

which ebay seller did you get your kit from, id love to get hold of some and try it out!

I've had a go with the lace ones trinity Nails gave me (thanks trin)- and soon discovered that I was far too impatient waiting for the stuff to go clear from cloudy. I soon realised it really doesn't work if you don't wait!!!

It really is worth it if you can allow the adhesive to become clear (tacky). The lacey foils look beautiful on a french. The one Trinity had was very pretty.

Try on your toe's first wash up then you are ready to apply your foil.

Take care xx

Latest posts

Back