Beauty consultation forms... HELP please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miss.SLS

Reaction score
Hi im starting up my own business in a few weeks :eek: only in a small rented room within a salon but i have no consultation forms made as i dont know what to put on them, does anyone have any copies i can base mine on would be so so greatful, im having such a panic with everything!! Thankyou xxxxx

You can buy them from wholesalers.Did you not cover it in your training.
It depends on what treatments you are doing as to how detailed and what you need to know

Surely you should have had samples of these at college? I personally designed my own but most salon suppliers also sell consultation forms if you're unsure on this.

You can buy them from wholesalers.Did you not cover it in your training.

Spooky! We posted at the same time & said the same thing, albeit in different words!!

Yes i dont want to purchase them though i wanted to design my own.never mind i will just go to some salons and ask there.

i would be very greatful as my last post didnt exactly help, I wasn't given them in college i dont know why i just wasn't hense me posting this. And i don't want to purchase them either as i want to design my own, its just for making sure i have all the general questions and structure! Would be really helpful, thankyou xxx

You could try looking through your insurance documentation. This should set out what they expect you and what records to keep to ensure you are adequately covered by them.

BABTAC even provide the wording for such policies

.x.

Yes i dont want to purchase them though i wanted to design my own.never mind i will just go to some salons and ask there.

But you surely must have had consultation forms when you were on your course? It's such a basic part of training that I can't believe you wouldn't have covered this?

Try doing a search on here for consultation forms, you should be able to find something. I found some on waxing which was a great help. I know what you mean about designing them yourself. It helps with different ideas. When i did my manicure/ pedicure forms i used a mixture of the ones supplied from college and the examples i had in my beauty therapy text book.
I couldn't see what you were qualified in, maybe it would help others if they knew what training you'd had.
HTH

thanks nikki i think some people on here just cant get it into their heads i didnt have them where and when i studied otherwise i wouldnt be asking lol!!!! or maybe they just cant read. thanks though xx

thanks nikki i think some people on here just cant get it into their heads i didnt have them where and when i studied otherwise i wouldnt be asking lol!!!! or maybe they just cant read. thanks though xx

how rude!

I would imagine that the reason everyone expected you to have covered this on your course, is that client consultation is an integral part of any treatment and therefore the training to carry this out. I can certainly confirm that in order to pass my course I MUST submit 5 completed client consultaion cards for each unit.

To be perfectly honest, if you didn't have consultation forms or train with them then you're not really ready to carry out the work, whatever certificates you might have. Understanding contraindications etc to treatments is a vital part of the job; they are also invaluable for tailoring treatments to the individual.

When I trained we had copies of them to fill in before every treatment & they were in our training notes & in the recomended course books. I'm wondering how you were able to identify & record details on your course if you didn't have them.

Last edited:
when i did my level 2 we had to submit forms with every case study for each unit too. in some cases the teacher asked us to make our own so we had an understanding of what they required etc. but sometimes not all courses are run the same, perhaps if you said what qualifications you had it may help others to understand your training, im sure in the beauty textbooks i had there were some examples, also im sure if you google client consultation for beauty then it may come up with some. x

Latest posts

Back