please hellp !

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lynda green

Reaction score
i have asked yester day about nsi nail course and i have no one has anserd (ps crap at spelling !!! sorry :o )
are thay any good ? has any one been on them ? may be not as no one has anserd the last one !?
also i wont to go mobile so any hellp with this side would be grate !!!
were do i start on the priceing ? how much diccount would you give for family ?
would love to here from someone :sad:

Hi Lynda,

I haven't been on the NSI course as such, but have used NSI for years and fully trust the product. If you are thinking of using and electric file system NSI offer courses in the correct use and is definately a must! As for charging friends and family I would let them be your guinea pigs first as you will need loads of practice before you let loose on the public. Use your own judgement as who and how much you want to charge. Once your comfortable with your nails then check around to see what your local competitors charge and you may want to advertise and do some special offers to get things going. Good luck!!!

Hi Linda, sorry but i can't help you with the NSI side because i use Backscratchers Extreme(which are fab), as for the pricing side, have a look at what your competitors are charging then you will have to work out your costs & expenses (ie- products, your time, petrol etc etc) and go from there really. Family discounts is entirely down to you (you will know how much it costs you to do a set)

I did Mobile work for 2 yrs & personally i found it a bit of a pain in the bum, i had ladies ringing me when they had broke a nail expecting me to travel to them for £3!!!!!

You will have to look into it alot and decide what area you will cover(miles) and whether to charge a call out fee/minimum spend which wouldn't really work.

Also Car Insurance may change because you're using it for business use !!

Lots to think about, but good luck :green:

lynda green said:
i have asked yester day about nsi nail course and i have no one has anserd (ps crap at spelling !!! sorry :o )
are thay any good ? has any one been on them ? may be not as no one has anserd the last one !?
also i wont to go mobile so any hellp with this side would be grate !!!
were do i start on the priceing ? how much diccount would you give for family ?
would love to here from someone :sad:

thank you very much !!! i was going to save up and go in the nail art one next but do you think the drill one would be better ?

Good morning

Sorry I cant offer advice on nsi, I am a Creative girl myself!!! Simply the best product and training..... As for mobile advice... I worked mobile in UK before leaving for SA. I must say it beats working in a salon fromm a flexibility point of view but you really do need to advertise as you dont have walk ins and people passing your salon. Practise on friends and family then get an idea of cost in your area. Dont price yourself out the market. As mobile you can take your profession anywhere, I am now working in Cape Town, SA, then off to Oz. Good Luk and I hope you enjoy this wonderful industry as much as I do.

Mars

Hiya,

I have had training with NSI as well as loads of other companies and i found the training to be excellent, but i did have a good educator!!!!!

Amanda

glad to here some one else has been on the coures ! i am sooo nervas about it all ... i have not done nothing for the alst 5 years work wise ( but been very bizzy with 2 kids 1 hubby and 2 dogs !!) :biggrin:
so thanks for all the hellp !!!

The lady i did my initial training with was from NSI and she was fab and very glamerous with it
HTH

all i have is jeans ! i am not glam :eek:

hi have you not heard from nsi yet? sorry i am at a loss as to why as with ezflow all enquiries are dealt with personally by educaters with in 48 hours. If you are maybe looking for an alternative there are many companies out there with some fabbio offers on at the mo , if you didint get chance to go to the show you will not miss out on the offers, at least with ezflow? Could let you have some info if you like? Hope all goes well.

Hi, Welcome to the board, the easiest option is to do a search as I see you are asking the board for help not waiting for NSI to call you back.

You can then search through the threads and start to make you own opinion, and then you may feel you can ask more specific questions.

Good luck with your training.

Cathy

Latest posts

Back