Please help, client missing a toe nail?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NailsbySarah1

Reaction score
Hello, I have a client who has had both her big toe nails surgically removed, her toes have fully healed and sealed over but I wanted to know if anyone knew of a good way to create a false nail? Lacquer only stayed on the skin 4 a v short time as have minx, I don't want to disappoint her as she loves wearing flip flops but is embarrassed missing toenails.

Please help :rolleyes:

Thank you

Sarah

You can reconstruct her toe nails using gel or acrylic. look at my website and you can see the before and after photos.
Apply directly to skin or cover skin with foil and built on there and this way she will have a spare in case that one comes off.

I had to build myself a toenail a few years back when i lost mine in a 'kick the bed base in a temper, barefoot' incident :o
I made mine on forms wrapped around the correct c curve stick to match my toe. shaped and buffed them,
I applied them with adhesive (gelbond I believe is a good adhesive to use for this as it is pharmaceutical grade... please someone correct me if I am wrong, I know things change ? ) and painted them... you couldn't even tell !

I would if it were me, I would probably build on to the skin. I know some people wouldn't agree with this way, but I did it directly onto the skin as mine begun to grow, It was to bumpy to do any other way.
and I have done the same for a 'nail picker' client I have.
The nail/skin isn't a smooth surface, so by building on the skin it will fit in to all the lumps and bumps in that area.
You could try oiling the skin first, then build the nail onto the oiled surface ( mind your brush) and allow time to ease it off again, then make spares, and then remove oil and apply with adhesive.

I use solar oil on the skin as a barrier and then construct the nail with L&P. Once it's been shaped and buffed i apply it with gelbond. Gelbond is perfect because of its gel like consistency, it fills all the lumps and bumps, giving a superior seal than more liquid nail adhesives in this instance. Therefore preventing any unwanted nasties getting underneath. HTH's

If there is nothing i.e no nail spur for any system to grab onto then it will in my experience be impossible to construct a nail that will last.

If any type of gel or acrylic is used to be a nail straight onto the nail bed again in my experience it will not last longer than a few hours.

Hiya, I am new on here but have come across your challenge.

I had a lady come to me with no big toe nail - nada, zip! She wanted Trendy Nail Wraps on toes and fingers for her holiday abroad and was obviously going to wear flip flops.

As it was a pretty much last minute thing I got some false toe nails full cover tips and tailored it to match her other toe. I then applied the wrap to the false nail as you do and stuck it to her toe with gelbond. I made her a couple just incase she lost one. She was really pleased and bought some nail glue to take with her to reaply just in case. Seemed to work for us. Hope this helps :)

If there is nothing i.e no nail spur for any system to grab onto then it will in my experience be impossible to construct a nail that will last.

If any type of gel or acrylic is used to be a nail straight onto the nail bed again in my experience it will not last longer than a few hours.

My mum has no toe nail after having it removed and I have constructed her false nails built from acrylic by applying directly onto the toe and they last about 2 weeks, so it can be done.
Make sure you clean the toe thoroughly before application though and that the skin is dry.

See thank you so much for all your help and advice. My lady will b over the moon, I will let you know how it goes! Thank you Sarah x

You are correct, which is why the nail is then attached to the nail bed with gelbond, I explain that this is just a temporary measure, for instance and evening out with open toed shoes, or a holiday for example, They also purchase gelbond, so when the nail does come off they can re-apply when they need or want to. I have had 2 clients who have been thrilled with the results, but they also know that this is not a permanent fix and they use the nail for occasions as mentioned above. They have also returned to have another made incase they lose it. They have both told me that they feel so much more confident and happy. Who wouldn't want to give some-one that feeling :)

Latest posts

Back