PLEASE HELP ME, very upset

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jotommo

Reaction score
i am manageress in the salon i work in and have done a great job so far and built it up from nothing!! the last lady that was in charged took all her clients when she left :eek:
so......... i went to work last thurs to find a lady that was there to do a trial day (we were advertising for a junior)
she did not want to do any salon duties and just answered the phone all day, not very politely either!
so she worked friday and saturday as well, and had slagged off most of the other girl we work with in the few days there,..... i had already decided i don't really wanther on our team
SO i had a word with my boss about it and we agreed that she would not stay! all god rite??

had a text this mornin off one of the staff (that had been on hols) saying that the lady (xxxx) was being very bossy and that she was now 'running the salon' :eek: WTF????????????

i have tried to get in touch with my boss with no luck!! aaaaaaargh!!
anyway i rang the salon to speak to the girls and they said it has been a horrendious day... they said that I will be in charge of all the hair problems and complaints but she is taking over the other side of it... as in getting customers through the door and keeping them happy......
THE CHEEK!! :grr: i have built that shop from nothing and not one complaint back, and every client is very loyal and complimentary of our work, in the past week i have started advertising hair extensions and wefts and ear peircing and sorted out all the insurance (all courses paid for by myself as i did them just for me privately) so to offer more services to the salon, t add to profit!!
how dare she.... what a kick in the teeth??????????
i feel sick to my stomach and have to face this new BOSS tommorow...
i cant' seem to find any help online but surley this isn't rite??
i have been in floods of tears all day:cry: and just don't even want to go back,
is this fair ????
thanks guys sorry for the rant!!! xxxxxxxxx

Last edited by a moderator:
omg hun thats awful i would feel really upset too..... surely they cant do this to you if you are the manager??? have i got this right....the woman who came as the junior is now the manager??this definatelt isnt right and i would wonder if something underhand is goin on with your boss who owns the salon and this new woman...did they already know each other, sounds to me like it was planned this way. you really need to speak to her about it before you go into work tomorrow hun... good luck xxxxx

i would be upset too..it does sound weird to me also as she was junior and now is manager in a week. possibly something else going on that you dont know:irked:..

absolutely.... that just doesnt happen without some kind of reason behind it

I would want to talk to the owner before walking in there. Your last conversation was, not to employ, so for all you know you have someone on site who is blagging it to the girls because no one is there to stop her:confused:
Don't assume you've been stabbed in the back hun, go round to the owners home and find out!!!!!

ok so i've just spoke to the boss and she said that this new girl ***** is going to be her partner (no money involved, it's just been decided so really just her saying that to make it more authority, if that makes sense)and that will leave her to sit back more.... fair enough, but surely i can't just be de-moted in my position??? or maybe thats her way of doing it without actually having to tell me??
i need to talk to cab!! get some legal advice, i don't think i can be sacked for questioning it can i??
oh what a day!! :cry:
in some ways i can see the positive side as i won't have to deal with agro of the staff and stuff but i am so upset that i have .... without even being told!!.... been replaced, and yes by someone that came as a TRIAL junior??

all the staff are upset about it now
ooooooooooooooooooh!!!! i dunno maybe just keep my head downand get on with my work?? jeeeeeeeeezzzz!
just feel there is more to it!
i'll keep you posted xxxxxxxxxx

What does it say in your contract about roles and responsibilities. How long have you been there? I fear that as miserable as it sounds you really are at the mercy of the owner. You're not being fired, and if your salary has not been affected then your role can change at the will of the owner, whether you like it or not. As harsh as it sounds it's either "my way or the highway". I agree that it's an underhand way to go about it, and it's morally questionable, but that's all it is.
If it were me, I'd be looking for another job, 'cos it sure as hell sounds as if your life isn't going to be easy anymore.

Hi, I would wait a while and play it by ear , sounds like she may be sounding the place out maybe to buy it ? but I am purley guessing ,
also I would get out your contract and read it back to front , as it will tell you exactly what your job role is in there , dont worry too much things will come to light :hug: x minky

what a crock of old ****. . . so lemme get this straight, a woman with no experience wotsoever, who came in to answer phones and sweep floors, is now cheif and in charge of things like advertising, customer relations and all appointments etc? not only is she a cow but she is throwing wait about,. ,. ,.
first question, is your boss a nutter? second question, can xxxx be smacked?
i really feel sorry for ya, their is nuthing worse than sum1 new coming along, i think that if she has no experience and no knowledge, she cant really function properly in a salon, she cant advertise and get customers through the door if she isnt able to entice them in with the degree of knowledge to be able to tell them what they are coming for. . .
if i was u i wud carry on as u were, be bold jotomoo. BOLD I TELL YA. . . u and the other staff have a responsibility to eachother to stand up for each other and not take any crap. . .
just make sure u tell ur boss everything, anything ur not happy about, then she cant turn round and say u shuda told her if it all goes tits up. . . .
god i cant be doin with humans, they are so chronically stupid!!!!

what a crock of old ****. . . so lemme get this straight, a woman with no experience wotsoever,

Where does it say that she has no experience whatsoever? She may well have lots of management experience from elsewhere.

who came in to answer phones and sweep floors, is now cheif and in charge of things like advertising, customer relations and all appointments etc?
If the boss wants her to be in charge of things she has every right to be in charge of advertising etc

not only is she a cow but she is throwing wait about,. ,. ,.
There are subtler ways to manage a team, I agee.

first question, is your boss a nutter?
It's her business; if she wants to be nutty about it, she can be. Jo doesn't have to stay there if she doesn't like the way it's being run.
second question, can xxxx be smacked?
I daresay you're not being serious, but Jo would do better to get close to this woman to find out what's really going on. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
u and the other staff have a responsibility to eachother to stand up for each other and not take any crap. . .
No, they don't. They have a responsibility to the clients, to their boss, and to themselves as professionals. I've said this before and I stick by this. Businesses are not democracies; you don't always get a say in how things are run. If you don't like it, you can vote with your feet.

just make sure u tell ur boss everything, anything ur not happy about, then she cant turn round and say u shuda told her if it all goes tits up. . . .
and it's your word against hers.
god i cant be doin with humans, they are so chronically stupid!!!!
Hmmm.

and well thats me told. . . are you a business woman i take it?

haha scottydolly... funny!
this women has been a housewife for 20 years b4 that worked in a bar!!

rite guys i have decided to walk!!
my contract says.... duties inc.. all money handling, takin care of hols, sickness,cover, advertising, and basically makin as much profit as poss and overseeing wasted,, that kind of thing...
my wage is going form £10 an hour to....... wait for it...................
£6.50

no, no, no, not having it, as my job NOW still involves all of the above duties, just that xxxx is going to be making the final decisions?? why ask me then??
how the hell is she gonna order stock?? is she just gonna guess what we need??
how will deal with a client complaint if she doesn't know how to correct something??

i think mobile is the way to go
thanks for the comments guys
xx

and well thats me told. . . are you a business woman i take it?

Yes, I am, but more importantly, I've managed large teams of staff in the past so I have a little understanding of it. As a manager sometimes you have to make decisions for the greater good of the business, which may take your team in a new direction. This is never without its difficulties; we're creatures of routine, and any change to that is unsettling. Change Management is a biiiiig thing.
In this instance I think there is more to this than meets the eye, and Jo is likely not being made aware of what that is. I agree with her about moving, and on the face of it it's difficult to understand why the boss has taken this decision. But, as I said, we don't know the reasoning behind the decision.
Good luck Jo, with your new direction!

quite right my love, walk, walk far and make sure u take every single client u can. . . sod it i say. . . all is fair in war and hairdressing. . . keep me informed how u are gettin on xx

quite right my love, walk, walk far and make sure u take every single client u can. . . sod it i say. . . all is fair in war and hairdressing. . . keep me informed how u are gettin on xx

I can see how distressing it can be to be in this situation, but on the one hand we're denigrating the boss for being rather unprofessional, and on the other you're suggesting that Jo behaves equally unprofessionally by taking clients with her. As tempting as it may be, it's morally questionable.

Jo you are better off walking to be honest. Just give it time they will most probably sack her if she wont be doing things properly and as you said she has no experience.

Something better will come along for you
x..

the way i see it, if i was a boss, i wud wanna have a happy staff team, happy staff means more productive in my eyes, and from experience i work better when im happy. . my boss respects my opinion and i respect her actions but feel fine about questioning her. . .
as for takin clienbts being unproffesional, to an extent yes, but on the other hand, how many salons request u have a decent client base. . .
now if ur activly gonna not take clients, u cant guarantee a base. x

Hi Jo,
Good luck hun with the new direction.:hug:
No way should you take a pay cut, when you are doing exactly the same job.
You are better than all of them put together, head up hun, and go get yourself new clients.
You will not need to steal clients...........Some will just follow, when your regulars find you have gone, they will hunt you out.:lol:
Best wishes
Lotsa luv x x x :hug: :hug: x x x

In this world your guarenteed to be back stabbed by someone! But giving advice to take someone's clients isnt professional and is the cheats way. Im sure jo would like to feel proud to gain her own clients through her own good work rather than have stolen clients.

Two wrongs dont make a right, yes she has been stung but she should walk away with her head held high knowing she will find better.

It will only be a matter of time before the employees walk too, if it's that bad, what goes around comes around, so they say, then those clients will go elsewhere anyway, hopefully, follow you :)

Latest posts

Back