PLEASE HELP ME, very upset

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, it will depend what is in your chair rental rental contract if you can legally take your clients with you or not ,

here is a link ,

Legal Debates Surrounding Chair Rental - 13/03/2009 (Hairdressers Journal Interactive - Business)

or are you employed by her ?
if you have a contract and it has legal stipulations about the clients and the data base , you cannot recruit them or she may have the power to take make a legal claim against you ,

but!..... you can post a piece in the local paper saying you are a mobile stylist with a picture of yourself
and put a contact number , this way its up to the client what they choose to do , they may stay with her or they may choose to go wherever they please and if they want to go to you they will soon find out how to find you

and also as a former salons owner too ,
I see this from both sides ,
and I do think your boss could have handled this a lot better and with more respect for her workers

good luck Jo with your self employment :hug:

HAH minky, i said the exact same thing in a private message about the newspaper. . . didnt say it in here tho cos nuthin i say in here seems to be allowed, wanted or else it is shot down in flames. . .

obviously not them all. . . . i jus think some people really need a bit of a reality check lol x

thanks so much everyone. i think the best thing to do is take the high road, and as i have managed to salvage an actual buiness out of what the previous emloyees left behind(they took all her clients)
i should hopefully of prooved myself as a worthy stylist and they shall follow.... and on the up side the hair extension course and ear piercing course will now be benifited in my pocket instead of my bosses.:)
well cheers guys here is too my last week in work (notice handed in this afternoon)

hopefully i shall have the last laff!!

xxxxxxxxx

good luck to you, it sounds as though you have been treated very badly.

thanks so much everyone. i think the best thing to do is take the high road, and as i have managed to salvage an actual buiness out of what the previous emloyees left behind(they took all her clients)
i should hopefully of prooved myself as a worthy stylist and they shall follow.... and on the up side the hair extension course and ear piercing course will now be benifited in my pocket instead of my bosses.:)
well cheers guys here is too my last week in work (notice handed in this afternoon)

hopefully i shall have the last laff!!

xxxxxxxxx

Hi, before you walk out Jo, have you checked in your contract of employment that she is legally allowed to lower your wage ?

if she isn't and she has breached the contract then you may be wise taking some legal advice first as she may be breaking the legal terms of the contract herself :hug: x

good luck lovie. . .and like wise minky has said, check out that contract. i am pretty sure u wud have to sign another contract with a lower wage stated on it to be able to have ur wage cut, especially as it is being done with no negotiation. . x

Oh my god!!! Cant believe thats happening to you hun that really sucks!! It does sound like to me that this new woman who has came in is interested in buying the place and is sorting things out to do so. My best advice to you since you have built up the clientelle is to take all the details of the clients and walk!!! Write to all of them telling them you have gone mobile or if your worried about the data protection act visit each address and hand post a price list through the door but make sure they know it's from you. Hey business is business and it doesn't sound like this boss of yours has your best interest at heart and isn't thinking of you so you think of yourself. Best of luck and let me know what happens xx

I think you should consult CAB, it sounds to me like you have a case for constructive dismissal.
What a shame you and the other staff cant form a partnership and set up your own place, or can you?

An almost identical situation happened to me (my then boss was having an affair with the woman invovled) It was probably the most difficult time in my working life. I too was forced out of the salon I had managed for 6 years.
However it turned out to be the biggest bloody favour that anyone has ever done me. I now have a couple of salons of my own.
It doesnt matter how badly they treat you, you carry your talent and personality with you.
I feel for you, and wish you the best success x

i am manageress in the salon i work in and have done a great job so far and built it up from nothing!! the last lady that was in charged took all her clients when she left :eek:
so......... i went to work last thurs to find a lady that was there to do a trial day (we were advertising for a junior)
she did not want to do any salon duties and just answered the phone all day, not very politely either!
so she worked friday and saturday as well, and had slagged off most of the other girl we work with in the few days there,..... i had already decided i don't really wanther on our team
SO i had a word with my boss about it and we agreed that she would not stay! all god rite??

had a text this mornin off one of the staff (that had been on hols) saying that the lady (xxxx) was being very bossy and that she was now 'running the salon' :eek: WTF????????????

i have tried to get in touch with my boss with no luck!! aaaaaaargh!!
anyway i rang the salon to speak to the girls and they said it has been a horrendious day... they said that I will be in charge of all the hair problems and complaints but she is taking over the other side of it... as in getting customers through the door and keeping them happy......
THE CHEEK!! :grr: i have built that shop from nothing and not one complaint back, and every client is very loyal and complimentary of our work, in the past week i have started advertising hair extensions and wefts and ear peircing and sorted out all the insurance (all courses paid for by myself as i did them just for me privately) so to offer more services to the salon, t add to profit!!
how dare she.... what a kick in the teeth??????????
i feel sick to my stomach and have to face this new BOSS tommorow...
i cant' seem to find any help online but surley this isn't rite??
i have been in floods of tears all day:cry: and just don't even want to go back,
is this fair ????
thanks guys sorry for the rant!!! xxxxxxxxx

Time to get out and work for yourself, you will call the shots. you will answer to YOU. this goes on all the time.

Su x

good luck with the mobile, (which i do and love) and remember revenge is a dish best served cold! you can sit back and watch the salon suffer without you..

Latest posts

Back