please help - newbie

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TOPCAT1008

Reaction score
Hello everyone - I found this site a week ago and love it, first time I have posted . I have been doing backscratchers powder glaze system for two years now and think I am good at it . I did creative course but just didnt persevere enough so havent done it for some time as I just like this system. Where I live there are hardly any nail technicians in salons etc, so do you think I would be able to go into somplace and get by with using this sytem or would you recommend doing more courses etc. Your feedback would be appreciated. Also would it be worthwhile doing airbrushing etc before starting or I could do this when I start.

Hiya Marie, and welcome to heaven!!!!!!
If you haven`t used Creative for a while I would give it some serious practice before going into a salon, why not go into salong using Backscratchers if you`re proficient with it until you feel confident in facing the general public with another system.
You could add airbrushing to your list but again it all needs practice.
I`m sorry its not much help, but practice is the key to all I`m afraid. I do wish you luck whatever you decide

Debs said:
Hiya Marie, and welcome to heaven!!!!!!
If you haven`t used Creative for a while I would give it some serious practice before going into a salon, why not go into salong using Backscratchers if you`re proficient with it until you feel confident in facing the general public with another system.
You could add airbrushing to your list but again it all needs practice.
I`m sorry its not much help, but practice is the key to all I`m afraid. I do wish you luck whatever you decide
THANKS WILL TRY CREATIVE AGAIN AND WILL KEEP WATCHING THIS SITE AS IT HAS GOT ME THINKING NAILS, NAILS AND NAILS.

TOPCAT1008 said:
Hello everyone - I found this site a week ago and love it, first time I have posted . I have been doing backscratchers powder glaze system for two years now and think I am good at it . I did creative course but just didnt persevere enough so havent done it for some time as I just like this system. Where I live there are hardly any nail technicians in salons etc, so do you think I would be able to go into somplace and get by with using this sytem or would you recommend doing more courses etc. Your feedback would be appreciated. Also would it be worthwhile doing airbrushing etc before starting or I could do this when I start.

If your are good at this system and love it then yes you can make a living from it......
LOL now I am gonna sound like little Britain....... When i first started out Fibreglass was my chosen system and my forte...and I still love it with a passion.....I was the only fibreglass Technician in my Village ok in the center of London lol.......and I build a sound business with just this one system, after a while I added the other systems to my menu..........
It is always best to know all systems, but hey we don't all start of being Nail wizards of all off them straight away it takes time , money and patience..........If you can be the Master of one system and your nail rock then hey whats stopping you ???? Then in time you can make it your goal to add as you earn, this way you can get the funding for further courses...............................You go girl xxxxx

hi marie,
welcome to the site.

Nailsinlondon1 said:
If your are good at this system and love it then yes you can make a living from it......
LOL now I am gonna sound like little Britain....... When i first started out Fibreglass was my chosen system and my forte...and I still love it with a passion.....I was the only fibreglass Technician in my Village ok in the center of London lol.......and I build a sound business with just this one system, after a while I added the other systems to my menu..........
It is always best to know all systems, but hey we don't all start of being Nail wizards of all off them straight away it takes time , money and patience..........If you can be the Master of one system and your nail rock then hey whats stopping you ???? Then in time you can make it your goal to add as you earn, this way you can get the funding for further courses...............................You go girl xxxxx
Thanks for the advice. I am going Friday afternoon to speak to the owner about renting space . I will still keep doing my nails at home too - but as everyone is saying, the more clients,the more practice and the more confident you are. thanks again

Latest posts

Back