Please help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shellac newbie

Reaction score
Hi girlies I've popped over from nails

Could someone tell me what I can do with my hair? My mates done it and frankly I'm raging. I don't know but did it need a toner cause she said not? X

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1407056093.913968.jpg

Was your friend qualified? X

Was your friend qualified? X

I'd hardly think so looking at that :eek: lol

I'd go to a salon to get that rectified properly.

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

Yup! 10 years qualified!!! Usually amazing, just couldn't be arsed I don't think. My local wholesalers sells to the public and I used to use affrinage from them to do block brown colour. Would that cover it? X

Yup! 10 years qualified!!! Usually amazing, just couldn't be arsed I don't think. My local wholesalers sells to the public and I used to use affrinage from them to do block brown colour. Would that cover it? X

No, it'll go khaki. Go to a salon.

I haven't got time I've got work tomorrow and a 1 year old :(

There are salons open today. Shopping centres normally have salons open on a Sunday.
You'd have to go anyway to get the khaki stripped out.

Semi chem sell the toning shampoo the purple one! That u leave in for 5 minutes..,, could u possibly try that until you can get an appointment elsewhere?? Or why don't u just phone your friend and get her to sort it???

Yes and while you are at semi chem why not pick up some self wax strips, some nail polish, skin care, those fake minx too. May as well get everything when you are there!

Reactions: KHS
Semi chem sell the toning shampoo the purple one! That u leave in for 5 minutes..,, could u possibly try that until you can get an appointment elsewhere?? Or why don't u just phone your friend and get her to sort it???

A toning shampoo will not rectify the OP's problem, there are far to many tones in there for the shampoo to cope with, she'll end up with temporary dull Brown, Grey and khaki stripes. Then wash it lots to get the shampoo toner out again, leaving the same problem.

The only solution to calm and blend those properly is a colour correction in a salon.

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

Yes and while you are at semi chem why not pick up some self wax strips, some nail polish, skin care, those fake minx too. May as well get everything when you are there!

Sorry I just though a toning shampoo would help it slightly until something could be done. Apologies. I think the best bet is to get your friend to sort it for you though.

... I said until she can get to a salon she could go there! I thought it might have taken the brassiness out of the hair!

I wasn't aware that semi chem sold self wax strips and those 'fake' minx nails.

You are aware tho that semi chem sells other things? Like house hold cleaving items, quite nice cheap candles... Not just things all hair and beauty?

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you understand where I'm coming from? If I went on nail geek and told someone with bad nails go and get something out poundland you would be annoyed too.

Last edited by a moderator:
She can't get me in till Friday. There may well be salons open but I doubt they will like my one year old rampaging for 3 olus hours while they fix it and not to mention the cost.

This is consumer queries so what ever advice I'm given is going to be aimed at a non qualified person so I think whoever suggested silver shampoo as a temp measure was quite right to do so.

The bitchy and unhelpfulness of some has made me so much better about the fact I look like road kill.... Cheers

Honey, purple shampoo won't fix it, it won't touch it. Brown dye slapped on it will go green.
I gave you the best advice, I'm sorry if it wasn't what you wanted to hear, but you can't fix it yourself, hell, if it happened to MY hair, I wouldn't try and sort it myself.

Appologies shellac newbie that I suggested the purple shampoo to u. I thought it may help even temporarily. I was giving u false hope there!! I'm sure it won't look too bad if u keep it up all week and pop on a headband if it bothers u so much??

People walk around with all sorts of funky colours in their hair so I'm pretty sure nobody will bat an eyelid my lovely!!! :)

Hope it gets sorted for u!

I always get confused as to why pros and non pros recommend purple shampoo, like it's a magic wand.

All it does us maintains cool blondes- anyone selling or recommending it to correct work doesn't know much about colouring - and it certainly won't erase those stripes.

I might just loiter around consumer queries waiting to advise about some bluesky products.

Following required edits, a reminder to all please:

Reply to others how you would like them to reply to you
This is possibly THE most important of all commandments here. We have a low tolerance for members who show disrespect to others (even if the disrespect is somehow warranted). Rude and thoughtless posts are the fastest way to make you look like a right ass in front of the world. Its also a quick way to find yourself on the wrong side of a ban. If you can't say it nicely, go Facebook it.

Myself and Kim have both private messaged each other to appologise. So it has been resolved but through pm.

Appologies to all involved x

Honey, purple shampoo won't fix it, it won't touch it. Brown dye slapped on it will go green.
I gave you the best advice, I'm sorry if it wasn't what you wanted to hear, but you can't fix it yourself, hell, if it happened to MY hair, I wouldn't try and sort it myself.

I wasn't referring to what you said

Mods- can you close my thread please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back