Possibly moving to London

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilliewhite

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Just wondering as I am about to graduate in a Nail tech course which isn't NVQA course in NZ. But I am probably moving to London in the next year or so depending on my partner who is originally from London. Do I need to be licensed and would I have to take another course in UK to reach the acquired standards?

Currently training in Tammy Taylor and will also take a Creative couse in NZ once I arrive back from US later this year.

Thanks for your input....LW;)

Oh You lucky lucky thing you have access to ketan patel at acton one of the best nail technicians ever.

As far as I know, only the boroughs of Camden and Westminster require NVQ. I am sure the training you are planning to take will stand you in good stead.

Thanks for the replies....

Firstly tell me more about K Patel?

And secondly I was residing in Wimbledon however may need to move further East or depending on the market as I havent researched niche/target market. I would love to set up mobile but I will see how things run here in NZ first with my partner, as really the reason for coming back to NZ was for me to take a Nail course. An option in London is probably to work for a salon as I will need to gain further experience and go from there???

Thanks for your replies...knew I could rely on this site!!!!:D

Ketan Patel is one of the industry greats winner of winners numerous times and one of the top educators for creative nail Deisgn and he runs his own creative academy in Acton in London.

ps and an abolute darling

Thanks for that....

I have recently returned to Wellington,NZ from the USA. Managed to get some vacation time but most importanly some nail training with an american company. In actual fact met the president, her husband, father, mother....a genuine bunch of people. Finished my nail course beg of November 05...YIPEE!!

I initially came back to NZ to take this course. Now my partner and I maybe in the process of moving back to London where he is from. We wont know for sure until next week. So I will have to go through the legal process of applying for a visa...we are in a defacto and have been for 3 years. He is a sparky so he shouldnt have problems finding work. Wondering if the work is plentiful in London as a Nail Tech?

Responses appreciated.....:green: LW

Latest posts

Back