Post tan moisturiser

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JulesC

Reaction score
I've just ordered some small plastic pots (which i intend to fill with moisturiser0 to offer to clients as a freebie after their tan in the hope that i can make a little bit extra by retail if they like it. The only problem i have is that i haven't yet settled on a solution & I'm not sure if the moisturiser should compliment the tan by using the same range. I'm currently using Siennax & Nouvatan but i have LA tan & Suntana to trial. Do you recommend using a moisturiser in the same tan range?
Hope this makes sense. x

Just marking this thread so I can find it later

Not all the brands have a after moisturiser I think if my brand did it would be easier to sell,and i like using all the same brand, looks better !! but then clients can get oil free moisturiser in shops anyway so wouldn't change spraytan to have a moisturiser to match, if you get me !!:)))

Last edited:
Hi

I personally would use the same range in everything solutions and retail range you caan use more than one brand which ever brand is your fav id stock everything in that range, i just think it looks more professional.

Thanks

Leela
Sunless Solutions

Hi

I personally would use the same range in everything solutions and retail range you caan use more than one brand which ever brand is your fav id stock everything in that range, i just think it looks more professional.

Thanks

Leela
Sunless Solutions

Ok, i'll wait until i've decided on my range. Thanks for your advice x

Thanks geeks, think i'm going to decide on a brand i'll use & then use their moisturiser x

Im currently using LATan and what I have done is researched all oil free moisturisers available on the highstreet and made a list of them. Ive included the list on my aftercare leaflet.
While LATan offer oil free moisuriser, it is VERY expensive for the amount you get, (250ml) so to buy that, add onVAT (already £18!!) and a bit extra to retail to clients, there is no way I would try to promote it. I got a much bigger pot of oil free moisturiser from boots for £1.85. While I totally agree with not mixing systems/products, I just cannot try to sell something to clients that I myself would not buy (and its another bottle for me to carry around!)
But thats just my opinion
xx

Im currently using LATan and what I have done is researched all oil free moisturisers available on the highstreet and made a list of them. Ive included the list on my aftercare leaflet.
While LATan offer oil free moisuriser, it is VERY expensive for the amount you get, (250ml) so to buy that, add onVAT (already £18!!) and a bit extra to retail to clients, there is no way I would try to promote it. I got a much bigger pot of oil free moisturiser from boots for £1.85. While I totally agree with not mixing systems/products, I just cannot try to sell something to clients that I myself would not buy (and its another bottle for me to carry around!)
But thats just my opinion
xx

Thanks Caz, what is the Boots moisturiser? x

I've just ordered some small plastic pots (which i intend to fill with moisturiser0 to offer to clients as a freebie after their tan in the hope that i can make a little bit extra by retail if they like it. The only problem i have is that i haven't yet settled on a solution & I'm not sure if the moisturiser should compliment the tan by using the same range. I'm currently using Siennax & Nouvatan but i have LA tan & Suntana to trial. Do you recommend using a moisturiser in the same tan range?
Hope this makes sense. x

Where did you buy your pots from? X x

I got the pots from a company called ampulla.co.uk - found them through amazon but ordered direct from ampulla. I plan on finding a nice post tan moisturiser & putting it in the pots as a freebie for clients - you never know - it might generate more sales!! x

I got the pots from a company called ampulla.co.uk - found them through amazon but ordered direct from ampulla. I plan on finding a nice post tan moisturiser & putting it in the pots as a freebie for clients - you never know - it might generate more sales!! x

Brilliant idea xxx

I find selling the moisturisers as one of the hardest things to sell. II would definately stick to one brand to sell though because you need to let your clients know you are confident in the one brand that you are using.

i thought about giving out the samples but by the time i brought the pots etc it was just as cheap to by the actual samples themselves from Sienna X.

Can you guys tell me why oil free. The tan I uses has a aftercare mouturiser it has oil in it.

That is a FAB idea!! I contacted all the companies that make oil mosituriser like Nivea, simple etc asking to buy some samples to give to clients, but they all came back and said no! They dont sell their samples to the general public!!

Think i'll try this! Great idea to go into welcome packs, and as they are free, you dont need labelling on them :)
xx

Thanks Caz, what is the Boots moisturiser? x

Its the Boots simply Sensitive Day Moisturiser with SPF 15. I paid £1.85 and it was on half price offer.
xx

some oils can break down the tan and make it come off quicker or patchy, i once used a body butter while i had a tan on and i didnt notice it on my skin but my hands went really patchy and could really notice it had stripped the tan off my fingers.

I use Nivea basics or i use the Sienna X moisturiser.

some oils can break down the tan and make it come off quicker or patchy, i once used a body butter while i had a tan on and i didnt notice it on my skin but my hands went really patchy and could really notice it had stripped the tan off my fingers.

I use Nivea basics or i use the Sienna X moisturiser.

Thanks for that, I'm guessing the one supplied by oztan is fine as they recommend it. Was wondering about suntan lotion as well have a client having a tan before going away and she wants to tan with the spraytanning on she usually uses reef oil I will be ringing tan supplier to check as well but has anyone done this and know if it would strip the tan.

OMG. I Love you! Thank you SO much for that site!! You have totally answered my prayers. I've been looking for literally YEARS for small aluminium tins to put greeting cards/gifts into and never ever found any, or if I did they were SO expensive It just was not worth it. And you have just given me the place to buy them!! And at such a cheap price too! Even including Delivery!
Going to ordering loads of stuff from them! :hug::hug:
xx

Fab site!!! Thank you so much. I'm
Going to order some of the 500ml bottles so I can mix my tanning solutions and store them rather than mixing them each time :) thank you :)

I'm also going to order one of the roller ball containers to put my bio oil in for me to use after my op :) x

Latest posts

Back