PR Wax and Intimate Waxing Techniques?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cranbaby

Reaction score
To Axiom, The Waxing Queen, and anyone else who uses Perron Rigot....

I'm using Perron Rigot's Blue hard wax (to my understanding from a previous comment made by Andy that its the American equivelant to PR's Euroblonde). I've also been using the Ease cream wax. My question is this:

I've always had a very quick pull, but it was advised not to have a quick pull in the area of intimate waxing as it could cause grazing and further trauma to the sensitive skin. I know that intimate waxing is not the most enjoyable of services that we've endured, but someitmes a quick pull DOES make it go by a little faster (not prolonging the pain). I do pull quick in the are of the mons, but in regards to the labia majora, labia minora, and the peri regions, should I have that quick pull? And I know that keeping the skin taught makes all the difference in the world, but sometimes you just have some that are more complicated than others. (No offense to anyone out there, as I am a difficult one myself, lol). Also with using the PR-Blue(aka Euroblonde) you're dealing with the oil which also makes holding skin taught more difficult, especially in that area where there is a lot of skin to hold in some cases.

In addition to the above question, is there another PR wax that you use other than the Euroblonde that you continue to use? I've used the Cristalline which is great for very sensitive skin, but doesn't always get those course deep rooted hairs. I've used the Forte just recently which is for more medium-course hair, but it actually was a little harsh in the area of taking the first layer of skin(or the guy just didnt exfoliate beforehand, due to it being his back). He had no complaints of discomfort, and I did a follow-up call to see how things were and everything was great.

Anyway, I'll stop rambling now, lol. Thanks so much in advance for any knowledge you can share! You guys are the best!

Sunny

I always quick pull but in short sharp bursts..........about 1.5 inches at a time but pull pull pull pull......no stopping. Keep both hand on the skin, following closely behind with the pulling hand so that both hands are always touching and your stretching hand is following closely behind the pulling hand. Blot the area with a tissue if you find it too slippery, or clench a tissue in your stretching hand so that you're not touching the skin. I would always use Euroblonde for Brazilians. If you want a good under arm and facial wax which is great on touch, short hairs, then try Escential Rose by Perron Rigot.

Let me know if I can help any more. xxx

Thanks so much, Kim! I think I will order the Rose this time around. I did an underarm the other day that was the toughest I'd ever waxed. I used the Blue(Euroblonde) and applied thicker than normal and let it set up a little longer. Great results! I absolutely LOVE Perron Rigot! I'm so glad I found it before a lot of trial and error with other products! Once again, thank you for your help!
Sunny

Personally, I prefer to have the wax pulled off quite quickly in little sections at a time, with the skin held tight at each pull.
I once had a brazailian wax performed and the wax was pulled in one go, from one end to the other. Apart from the pain, I will never forget the sound!:cry:

Latest posts

Back