Pregnant client with Braxton Hicks & massage

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dannipittboot

Reaction score
Hi Geeks!

Need some advise regarding one of my mobile clients. I have been performing maternity massage treatment on my client every for night for the past 2 months as she has experienced a lot of lower back pain and discomfort.

My client is 30 weeks pregnant at the moment and had been to the hospital and doctors over the last few days with lower back and abdominal pain which had been diagnosed as Braxton hicks. She has been putting several status updates on Facebook of the last 3 days saying hoe unbearable the pain is and that she cannot take much more as well as thinking she will be having this one premature (this is her third child & has experience a few miscarriages prior to this pregnancy).

I'm really unsure about performing the treatment tomorrow under the circumstances but she is insisting she will fill out a disclaimer or provide written consent for treatment to be carried out against my advise.

What would you all do?
Thank you in advance
Xx

I'm due to see this client tomorrow evening so any information would be greatly appreciated xx

I can't help you I'm afraid. But try giving this a bump again in the morning and hopefully someone can help xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks, it is probably abit late in the day so a lot of people won't see it. :) xx

I don't know if I am too late lol but I personally wouldn't do it :( Too much risk and massage can very well throw her into a real labour and not just Braxton hicks. Her body is obviously preparing for labour, why induce her if she is only at 30 weeks?

Disclaimers are never worth the paper they're written on. This is one case where I would ask for written permission from her doctor that you can can go ahead with the treatment. Just tell her you checked with your insurance and you need written permission .

Disclaimers are never worth the paper they're written on. This is one case where I would ask for written permission from her doctor that you can can go ahead with the treatment. Just tell her you checked with your insurance and you need written permission .

That's pretty much what I have told et so far and I personally do not like disclaimers if I'm honest. Xx

I agree with the above. I have worked a lot on pregnant ladies, and have also trained as and worked as a birth partner. I have seen how magically massage can help promote labour.

I wouldn't touch this lady with a very long barge pole.
No professional should accept a disclaimer, because we, as the professionals should be advising them that the treatment should not go ahead.

Good luck - it's so hard when they want our services, but certainly in this case, trust your instincts x

I agree with the above. I have worked a lot on pregnant ladies, and have also trained as and worked as a birth partner. I have seen how magically massage can help promote labour.

I wouldn't touch this lady with a very long barge pole.
No professional should accept a disclaimer, because we, as the professionals should be advising them that the treatment should not go ahead.

Good luck - it's so hard when they want our services, but certainly in this case, trust your instincts x

Thanks for you reply, I'm going to give her a call this morning and break the news to her. Maybe I could offer an alternative such as a facial instead so she doesn't feel like I am fobbing her off. I just know I would be completely on edge during and after the treatment incase anything were to happen.
Xx

Latest posts

Back