Primers ... what does everyone think?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

honeymummy

Reaction score
Hi eveyone, being quite newly passed with L & P , someone told me that using a acid free primer should be avoided as lifting can happen and the product doesnt adhere as well , and that you should only use a normal acid primer, what is everyone's thoughts on that!?

I always hate those 'someone told me' things. What did your trainer tell you and what is used with your system??? If the Manufacturer suggests you use Acid free primer then they know best what works with their system. It is smart to follow their advice rather than 'somebody's'!!

I don't use primer of any sort with the products I use and lifting is a non issue for me. I have never used primer in over 10 years.

But both Acid and non-acid primers work well and neither does any damage whatsoever to the nail plate.

I use non acid primer only! It's what was taught to us in school and it's what comes with most systems. I'm using Young Nails right now and the Protein Bond (a non acid primer) is awesome!!!

I was told that the US will eventually be outlawing the use of acid primers in salons sometime in the near future.

Do what your gut tells you and you'll be fine ;)

I use Creative powders and use acid free primer with no problems with lifting.

Thanks for the input Geeg, Ive always stuck to the products I was trained in, never mix n match, as I am newly qualified its nice to get different opinion.

Latest posts

Back