Problem with gel "puckering"

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nessie

Reaction score
Hi there you lovely geeks !

Can anyone help? (I am new to nails and just finished some pretty poor training)
I removed some tips from my Mum last night. I had used NSI balance gel on them, so I filed them and tried to soak the last bit of gel off. There may have been a small film of gel left on them though. As her nails were pretty good underneath I used the NSI 1 step gel to do an overlay. I painted it on like a polish and cured it. Anyway it came out of the lamp all puckered up like a prune (Its the only way to describe it) It had already taken 90 mins to removed the tips and now her nails looked 10 times worse. Anyway, I filed them down a bit and put on the top coat, but they did look a mess at the end, and we didnt have time to redo them.

Before I put the 1 step gel on I did the usual prep and painted on the NSI bonder. I am wondering if this could have been the problem, as I might have painted it onto the last bit of gel rather than natural nail !!

I have had no problem with the other NSI gel products so far, but this was the first time I had done a full removal of tips by filing and soaking.

My poor Mum now has terrible nails and she wont come back today to get them sorted because she doesnt want to use up all my time !

Please Help

Ness xxx

thats not my brand,but i will try to help. 3 things spring to mind, was there anything oily on the nails before you applied the gel, was your bonder dry [thats if its a primer type] and did you apply the gel thickly enough, coz if you paint it on like polish you can end up dragging too much of as you pull your brush through it ?

OK, recon Ive made a huge mistake there then. After I took the tips off I rubbed in some cuticle oil, it was then I decided to do the overlay for her, and then had to prep all the nails again. I did take off the surface shine and apply the primer. Maybe I didnt let that dry enough either.
Thanks Angel fingers, I'll be a bit more careful next time, and not use oil !!!

Latest posts

Back