Problems with colour :-(

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pip

Reaction score
Touch wood i cant remember the last problem i had when doing a colour....so now i have a colour problem it has really thrown me :-(
Client with very white roots and an ash blonde on rest wanted similar to what she had but a bit darker...so i did Wella koleston 1/2 99/0 and 1/2 9.1 (9.1 was how she wanted it to look) this indeed turned out very similar to what she had but a bit darker.....at next app she said it wasnt dark enough :-( so next colour app went down a shade used 88/0 with 8.1.....has just rung me to say its too dark....brain is frazzled btw used with 3% as she said colours dont take very well on her white hair and often looked translucent... can someone shed some light for me as i cant seem to think straight :-(

forgot to say she has said she thinks she'd prefer to go blonder now :eek:

Sounds like she had the problem, not a problem with what you did! Maybe a mild bleach bath to lift it slightly and then perhaps 99/0 with 8/1 and 3%.... Someone correct me if im wrong dont have chart in front of me!

Bluerinse maybe u can help? X

Sent from my E15i using SalonGeek

Sounds like she had the problem, not a problem with what you did! Maybe a mild bleach bath to lift it slightly and then perhaps 99/0 with 8/1 and 3%.... Someone correct me if im wrong dont have chart in front of me!

Bluerinse maybe u can help? X

I shall try :) did you use 3% when you did 99/0 and 9/1? Yes either add a few scattered foils through to create the illusion that a lighter colour has been used, or like Morgan dazzle said a mild bleach bath, then 99/0 9/1 and some /11 or 99/0 and 8/1 like said above.

maybe ask her what she means by darker? More ash tone is what I think she meant. But clients are a pain at making things known, how you been pip I've not seen you on much lately? X

Thanks for your replies you lovely people :biggrin:
Blue rinse.. yes i think your right maybe she did mean more ash...we did have a lengthy consultation on both occasions i even showed her on the colour chart, she is a newish client and i just have the feeling maybe she is just gonna be one of those 'dont really know what i want' clients lol
Her hair is really dry and has a few broken pieces near the front from a previous perm and colour from her last hairdresser so im really reluctant to put any bleach on it but im unhappy that she is unhappy too :Scared:
Havent been around much your right... my dad passed away and this brought with it some family problems too and i just havent felt very socialable xxx

Blue rinse.. yes i think your right maybe she did mean more ash...we did have a lengthy consultation on both occasions i even showed her on the colour chart, she is a newish client and i just have the feeling maybe she is just gonna be one of those 'dont really know what i want' clients lol
Her hair is really dry and has a few broken pieces near the front from a previous perm and colour from her last hairdresser so im really reluctant to put any bleach on it but im unhappy that she is unhappy too :Scared:
Havent been around much your right... my dad passed away and this brought with it some family problems too and i just havent felt very socialable xxx

Oh I am so sorry to hear that "cyber hug" but on the upside if your not at the minute at least your putting everything into your work :) what bleach do you use? Maybe avoid that front bit with bleach and have a play with covering it up till it grows back with a fringe or something! And oh do we love those sort of clients :) xx

Sorry to butt in...just do a few foils with bleach and 3%, or even bleach with pastel. You will probably find that it lightens up soon enough anyway.

I agree that the problem is your client, not you!

So sorry to hear this, my condolences to you pip xx

Sorry to hear about your dad hun, hope you're ok.

I'd say the ash is maybe making her feel dark. I'd add a frw highlights, then next time she needs her roots done it will have faded up, so you could probably get away with 99/0 and 88/0 on their own x

Little update for you decided to go with a few foils and 3% ... perfect outcome thanks for the advice :)
Bluerinse...i use Goldwell Oxycur Platin!!

Latest posts

Back